1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Validation

Discussion in 'Co-op Advertising Network' started by ePhase, Dec 6, 2004.

Firstly, thanks for the great tools and information provided on this site.

I am having a little difficulty validating my site. My main page seems to be OK but I had links to a few html where I forgot to palce the code. I have since added the code to the pages and changed their extention to php. However the validator keep tryring to find the old pages (html) and returns an error that the ads cannot be found on those pages.

I've tried logging out and logging back in without success.

Anny suggestions?

ePhase, Dec 6, 2004 IP
  2. exam

exam Peon

Best Answers:
    I believe the validator picks a random page out of what has been indexed by google. If you put up a 301 redirect to the new pages, that should do it (if Shawn has that part figured out now). or, better yet, change the extention back to .html and tell the server to run .html pages thrugh the php parser. (you can do that in your .htaccess file if you're running apache)

exam, Dec 6, 2004 IP
  3. crew

crew Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, the way you are doing it, you will have to wait until Google removes those pages from their index. If you don't want to wait, you either need to redirect to the new ones, or change them back to html and have them run as php.

crew, Dec 6, 2004 IP
  4. ePhase

ePhase Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for that guys. Your advise was spot on. I set up 301 redirects on the pages in question and got validated.

ePhase, Dec 6, 2004 IP