1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Validating CSS and HTML

Discussion in 'CSS' started by bluemanteam, Jun 29, 2008.

I designed my wordpress theme on a copy of wordpress hosted on my pc (local host).

Using a firefox plugin, I went to validate the css and html but the plugin said it can't validate on local host.

Is there no way to validate css and html on localhost or do I have to upload the files to a server on the net before validating?

Thank you

bluemanteam, Jun 29, 2008 IP
  2. Bagi Zoltán

Bagi Zoltán Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am pretty sure that your Firefox plugin is able to list the warnings/errors, so indirectly you may correct the non standard code snippets.

Bagi Zoltán, Jun 29, 2008 IP
  3. blueparukia

blueparukia Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Opera is the only browser AFAIK that allows validating on localhost with one key press, with no plugins required.

blueparukia, Jun 29, 2008 IP
  4. bluemanteam

bluemanteam Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the tip. In Opera, if you right click on a page on localhost and click validate, it validates the html.

Is there also a way to validate the css for a page on localhost using opera?

bluemanteam, Jun 29, 2008 IP
  5. nicangeli

nicangeli Peon

Best Answers:
    Whats stopping you from validating the using validator.w3.org then clicking on validate by direct input?

Make sure that you view the page source, so that you get only the html not the php.

nicangeli, Jun 29, 2008 IP