1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Vacation Rental website need direction

Discussion in 'General Business' started by tarasha, Sep 7, 2017.

Hello I'm new to Digitalpoint and I feel that's this forum may be the one that can help me grow in term of informations and activity.

I've started VR site by myself by using the web template online software for over 2 months now and I feel like it didn't go anywhere since there is no potential guests inquire let alone convert and I felt a bit lost.

What's the first things I should be doing in order to get customers to book directly to us instead of those big OTA sites? for SEO I mostly hire the people on Fiverr to help write our blog contents and article and doing back link and few guest posting, still there isn't much of a traffic going to our site. I know it's only been 2 months but at least I should be seeing improvement which in this case not at all, so I may assume that's I must have done something wrong and perhaps members here in Digitalpoint could help point me to the right directions and giving back the hope I needed.

Thank You, I hope I don't get banned for asking trivia questions

tarasha, Sep 7, 2017 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    It's not going to be an easy road since that niche is already over-saturated.

Start your own affiliate / referral program. A happy affiliate with a busy site or a large subscriber base can be your greatest asset.

qwikad.com, Sep 7, 2017 IP
  3. tarasha

tarasha Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The main reason I'm taking on VR site is because we have owned properties, and im not scaling world wide/country wide perhaps just city-wife that's we're in. Anyway thank for the replied, even though its not the information I'm looking for.

tarasha, Sep 7, 2017 IP
  4. eric_wahlberg

eric_wahlberg Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    The truth is that people now login more to Face book, Instagram than searching on Google.

So, you need to promote your story more on FB, Google and of course, do a little bit advertising.

If you are going for organic way, you have to give your site at least 12 to 18 months for showing results. Keep on doing it, but focus more on Social Media sites, you will have better outreach there.

eric_wahlberg, Sep 14, 2017 IP
  5. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Who is your target market?

As someone who travels internationally (but I haven't made it to Cambodia yet) we take two approaches
    • book in advance via airbnb or tripadvisor
    • arrive and then scout around looking at hostels in the area
    Your site might be useful to help me plan in advance but I'm more likely to trust the reviews of other travellers and use your site for fact checking.

If your target market is your fellow Cambodian then they may take a different approach.

Decide what your market is and do some research on how they choose their accommodation at the moment.

sarahk, Sep 15, 2017 IP
  6. Patricia Ann Lee

Patricia Ann Lee Active Member

Best Answers:
    Did you ask yourself how different your site is from your competitors? I mean before building your site, did you thought of at least how feasible your site will be? There are a lot of good offers online already, I'm sure you are aware of that. Sorry If I am returning the question to you, but it will help you realize that.

Patricia Ann Lee, Sep 15, 2017 IP