1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

v7ndotcom elursrebmem SEO Contest

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by hulkster, Jan 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jim_Westergren

Jim_Westergren Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well the article is a bit exagerated in favor of me :)

Headline: "Swedish Jim is leading World Championship in Google".

"Soon can the 24 year old Jim Westergren from Malmö Sweden assume the title of world champion of SEO." :p

Speaks about the article in wall street, washington post and that I have gotten a lot more of clients and could higher my prices.

"A line of global companies is now on the waiting list for Jim Westergren"

The whole piece was just a full promotion of me and my business and it ends with:

"Are you best in the world?
    - I am at least best in Sweden."

Jim_Westergren, May 5, 2006 IP
  2. hulkster

hulkster Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice job Jim - "World Champion SEO" would be a nice headline on the front page of the WSJ ... and with Marcus hanging in there at #2, Sweden may take both the Gold and the Silver Medals ... although I'm hoping the surge of support I'm getting at the end here will help and won't be too late ... and the .com, .net, .pl, Transformers are in the running, with Team Taggle making a late move.

10 days to go and here a screenshot of the latest results I'm seeing.

hulkster, May 5, 2006 IP
  3. sji2671

sji2671 Self Made Mind

Best Answers:
    v7.jpg

Must be showing us what we want to see Alek ;) I am seeing you as 4.

sji2671, May 5, 2006 IP
  4. hulkster

hulkster Peon

Best Answers:
    Google is still dancing around a bit on the datacenters - Jim continues to be strong at #1, but fair bit of jostling underneath that - as mentioned above, your www.v7ndotcomelursrebmem.net are right in there too - good luck.

hulkster, May 5, 2006 IP
  5. Smyrl

Smyrl Tomato Republic Staff

Best Answers:
    Boy it depends on data center hit. We all have to hope for a favorable one on May 15.

Smyrl, May 5, 2006 IP
  6. Marcus_Westberg

Marcus_Westberg Peon

Best Answers:
    I´m thrilled! Checking serps isn´t good for your heart ;)
    I wont be turning on my computer until May 15´th.... hehe!

Edit: Oh! and Jim congratulations on that article at realtid.se! It was amusing to read :)

Marcus_Westberg, May 5, 2006 IP
  7. hulkster

hulkster Peon

Best Answers:
    Anyone live in Japan? That's where John Scott (who is 'da judge) is located, and would be interesting to see what the results look like from that location. I.e. even though he is also hitting http://www.google.com/search?q=V7ndotcom+elursrebmem, I've heard that client geo-location is applied with results varying ... even with an arguably "global" term such as VE.

BTW, if you want a guaranteed #1, turn on Personalized Search and click on your page a bunch in the SERP's. I even had one person tell me with Personalized Search OFF, it still provided a boost that finally went away when they logged outa Gmail.

hulkster, May 5, 2006 IP
  8. Jim_Westergren

Best Answers:
    Ok, that's it.

Somebody must know why I suddenly got this spike of traffic. I just had a shit lot of people googling for my name, that doesn't happen normally.

Somebody in the US knows ????

Jim_Westergren, May 5, 2006 IP
  9. hulkster

hulkster Peon

Best Answers:
    The top-10 entry from Poland (who is a DP'er) is providing updated results every 15 minutes using the API. Just a different perspective and some slight differences from John Loch's Movers & Shakers which is pulled from the US.

Note also that I'm 99% certain John is grabbing the top-100 results, so the odds of double listings are greatly increased.

hulkster, May 6, 2006 IP
  10. mad4

mad4 Peon

Best Answers:
    I have been watching this with interest (but not participating).

Over the last week there have been large movements in some of the serps I monitor and the people gaining have very small homepages with very little content. Obviously the content they have is targetted but google definately seems to have given these few sites a boost.

Just thought I would share this in case anybody feels like using a last chance tactic.:)

mad4, May 7, 2006 IP
  11. Jim_Westergren

Best Answers:
    Should be too late now, it's better you go with more effort in the next contest instead.

:)

Jim_Westergren, May 7, 2006 IP
  12. Nintendo

Nintendo ♬ King of da Wackos ♬

Best Answers:
    grrr!!! I think I'm out!!! I try to googlebowl myself to the top over the last two weeks of the contest...and the site get's knocked out!!! grrrr!!!

Nintendo, May 8, 2006 IP
  13. sji2671

sji2671 Self Made Mind

Best Answers:
    One week to go...:)
    Or in Marcus speak, that's around another 100,000 backlinks before the comp finishes :eek:

sji2671, May 8, 2006 IP
    Marcus_Westberg likes this.
  14. WebmasterWanabe

WebmasterWanabe Peon

Best Answers:
    Jim,
    Coming from a novice standpoint this is just amazing ..your the man. But I think after May 15th and you one the contest its time to think of some new ideas. Ok here goes.... V7ndotcom Elursrebmem hybrid automobile, V7ndotcom Elursrebmem to replace the Euro and the dollar. Name a city V7ndotcom Elursrebmem, and last but not least Bono joins the new rock n roll band V7ndotcom Elursrebmem ha ha . Keep up the good work where very proud of you here. Best regards John

WebmasterWanabe, May 8, 2006 IP
  15. Marcus_Westberg

Marcus_Westberg Peon

Best Answers:
    Hehe! All we have to do now is to kick back and relax.... To late to make adjustments..

Marcus_Westberg, May 8, 2006 IP
  16. hulkster

hulkster Peon

Best Answers:
    Here are some real funky results that I've seen pop up a few times in various data centers, and even occasionally in www.google.com. Similar to what we are used to seeing, but both Marcus and Marcus and WPD are no where to be found - i.e. suggests we got GoogleBowled ... but the fact that these results seem to come and go suggests maybe just Google is semi-broke (?)

BTW, to echo what sji2671 said, Marcus is over 250,000 links in Yahoo (JimW has over 120,000) - holey-moley!

Seeing tons of DP co-op being applied to pretty much all contestants - anyone want to venture a guess what percentage of the total DP co-op is being applied to V-E?

hulkster, May 8, 2006 IP
  17. LaCabra

LaCabra Goats R Us

Best Answers:
    I would say 15-20% ... mind you with the cleaning that google is doing right now, expect many sites to lose a good chunk of their indexed pages (75%-80%). The end result will be less real-estate to push out coop ads and previous links that were counted on some of these pages that disappeared will also negatively impact the overall BLs for everyone as they will no longer be there. The game is NOT even close to being over.

LaCabra, May 8, 2006 IP
  18. Marcus_Westberg

Marcus_Westberg Peon

Best Answers:
    Seems weird that my linkage increases when I in fact splited my weight some time ago to the .nu and also to Stevens site....

Also I got less weight now so....
    It is possible that someone is trying to help me or G bowl me...

Next contest I have to do more of what a lot of people are doing:

Link to sites that is 301 redirected to your main site.

That way when someone decides to Google bowl you it will be more helpful rather then risking a possible ban of your site.

Other then that all we contestans can do now is to relax and wait for may 15.

19. LaCabra

LaCabra Goats R Us

Best Answers:
    Takes about 1 month for the weight changes to propogate across the network. :D

LaCabra, May 8, 2006 IP
  20. Marcus_Westberg

Marcus_Westberg Peon

Best Answers:
    Seems weird anyway... I dont have an amazing number of Coop weight and it is obvious that Coop is involved here...

Unless some linkbuilder on crack manually added 50,000 links to me :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.