1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Utube to sue YouTube amid site confusion ...

Discussion in 'Google' started by JackR, Nov 2, 2006.

1. Sem-Advance

Sem-Advance Notable Member

Best Answers:
    True enough 68m hits = 2 mil visitors.....

I PMed you some of the front page listings for just three sites I work on...theres another three Im not divulging cant have you digging all in my work ....

and theres the whole issue of my being your competitor and you might not want my free advice...I do have a sig link you can follow :cool:

Sem-Advance, Nov 6, 2006 IP
  2. ly2

ly2 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Took the words right out of my mouth. What a bunch of idiots.

ly2, Nov 6, 2006 IP
  3. guru-seo

guru-seo Peon

Best Answers:
    Than you will have Youtube.com suing Utube.com...hmmm

guru-seo, Nov 6, 2006 IP
  4. QuickFreeHost

QuickFreeHost Well-Known Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    There are alot of you who are not paying attention or reading the complete post.

A) The owners of utube.com sell machines ranging from $10,000 to $1,000,000 per machine, as stated by some of the posters here on DP.

B) Why in Gods name would they turn a multi-million dollar business potentially making $500,000+ a month into a Adsense related website which would make a max of maybe ~$1500 a day (Equals around ~$45,000), which is about ~$455,000 less then they potentially make with their current business.

Those of you saying they should put up ads need to review things a little bit better.

I understand where you're coming from by they're not monetizing their traffic very well but in all honesty the traffic they are receiving from miss-types of youtube.com is worthless to them.

If a potential buyer of a $400,000 mill does a search for a specific search term on google for the utube site and utube.com shows up at the top, that is going to be one of the sites they will visit. Meaning that is a potential customer. If they can't get to the site, that potential customer is lost and therefore they may have lost the order.

I believe that utube.com has every right to sue youtube.com for damages and I don't believe they're asking to much. Youtube.com is not going to change their domain and brand name, but I do think that youtube.com should pay for the rebranding / domain / etc of utube.com

Just my opinion.

QuickFreeHost, Nov 6, 2006 IP
  5. QuickFreeHost

QuickFreeHost Well-Known Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    SEM - Is that a Grand National as your profile pic?

QuickFreeHost, Nov 6, 2006 IP
  6. thekage

thekage Peon

Best Answers:
    I'll just put in my 2 cent. If this happened to me, I would just keep quiet and enjoy the traffic. We are talking about free traffic and exposure for your company, Youtube's visitor demography cover people that might be interested in their product. So I think its great.

thekage, Nov 6, 2006 IP
  7. tbarr60

tbarr60 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    What if your phone started ringing day and night with people wanting to buy rollformers, vertical benders, mandrels, compression benders, CNC pipebenders, tube straighteners, TIG welders, etc. and you get charged for all the minutes for the metal fab calls?

All this is all happening while you are trying to make money on the internet and these same people are mistakenly typing in www.tobeasian.com when they are really looking for www.tubeasian.com and they have your site down! :D

And I would say you are wrong on demographics, youtube.com has a very broad (and shallow) audience, utube.com has a very focused, specialized, and technical audience.

tbarr60, Nov 6, 2006 IP
  8. daboss

daboss Guest

Best Answers:
    depending on the size of the company, properly managing that volume may even generate more revenue than what they are currently getting from their business... ;)

20 million visits!

daboss, Nov 6, 2006 IP
  9. damnidunno

damnidunno Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    google is turning evil. They dont really care about anyone anymore.

The entire thing with the Adsense company was messed up and then google tricked them and bought the domain haha.

i'm getting tired of google. they don't seem that nice or caring anymore. They just wanna rule the world.

damnidunno, Nov 7, 2006 IP
  10. kartik786

kartik786 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am with sem - advance on this one.

Jus coz everyone on DP makes a living out of google doesnt mean that you should cheer em up for crushing someone elses business.

kartik786, Nov 7, 2006 IP
  11. Sem-Advance

Sem-Advance Notable Member

Best Answers:
    No, it is an 88 Monte Carlo SS with a 350 bored .30 over and a 150 hp shot with a mercury switch, once armed and the pedal is all the way to the floor, all hell breaks loose ;) and the GN guys wonder what happened :D

I like it better than the GNs...damn they are fast....but those are tempermental and need ice usually to keep em cool...not so good for road trips and daily usage..

Sem-Advance, Nov 7, 2006 IP
  12. pjpjpjpj

pjpjpjpj Peon

Best Answers:
    Easy money isn't always (or most often) good money.

pjpjpjpj, Nov 10, 2006 IP
  13. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    T0PS3O, Dec 15, 2006 IP
  14. mad4

mad4 Peon

Best Answers:
    I saw that as well.

You would expect a text link at the top for "Videos" though. Even if it points to a MFA or Myspace they could get a fair amount of cash.

mad4, Dec 15, 2006 IP
  15. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    The rating stars a pretty cheesy and misleading. Anyway, good for them.

T0PS3O, Dec 15, 2006 IP
  16. Ohene

Ohene Guest

Best Answers:
    haha, thats awesome! I wonder who's the greasy affiliate marketer who convinced them to monetize the traffic

Ohene, Dec 15, 2006 IP
  17. gabrielangel

gabrielangel Peon

Best Answers:
    You know your website has really made it when someone tries to sue you ... well assuming you didn't copy their stuff.

gabrielangel, Dec 15, 2006 IP