1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Using Yoast plugin with WooCommerce

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by dinrock, May 7, 2016.

Recently re-launched my site (in signature) and using WooCommerce where I offer automatic downloads after potential customers pay using credit cards into PayPal. I did some testing in PayPal's sandbox prior to re-launching the site and all seems to be working but am curious about using the Yoast plugin in conjunction with WooCommerce. Are there settings within WC I can also focus on, for optimim SEO?
    The Yoast plugin has allowed me to make all my 301 redirects from to previous pages in old site plus as you know, Yoast allows users the ability to SEO title and meta tags for each category page but am wondering as to users of WC.....should I pay attention to any settings in there?

dinrock, May 7, 2016 IP
  2. makeonlineshop

makeonlineshop Member

Best Answers:
    also wondering if yoast is the best seo plugin ?

makeonlineshop, May 16, 2016 IP
  3. Mirodenia

Mirodenia Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am wondering the same.... It has a test variant? I will look for it.

Mirodenia, May 17, 2016 IP
  4. dinrock

dinrock Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Good to hear others are using Yoast along with WooCommerce. I re-built and re-launched my site (same 10 year old domain name) about 4 weeks ago and I only have 3 plugins working behind my Wordpress site, so was curious how other are using the Yoast plugin. Here is one current way I am using it.....in the meta title | description it allows you to place better keyword titles for each image or product in your store.
    That will get indexed by the search engines, so be certain to plan that text out when working in that part of the plugin.............once you save the page, it may take a few days for that new page title information to get spidered and properly indexed by the engines but it has worked a little for me...........

dinrock, May 17, 2016 IP
  5. RankWebz

RankWebz Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    All necessary settings are given default. If you are using Yoast, its the best as SEO point of views. You don't need to do too much extra mind puzzle for your website. So, no need to pay attention on additional settings. Bring your site on the top by using Yoast plugins, good for Wordpress and off course for Woo-Commerce. All the best for your traffic.

RankWebz, May 17, 2016 IP
  6. dinrock

dinrock Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I just re-launched my site (in signature) 3.5 weeks ago, and added the https version as a "new product" in Google Webmaster Tools....each inner page that has a URL was submitted to Google Fetch & Render, so there are other things you can do in relation to having the Yoast plugin actively running. It would be great seeing other websites you are running Yoast behind it. Thank you again

dinrock, May 17, 2016 IP