1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Using VPN in Firefox

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by globalcashsite, Oct 25, 2009.

Guys

I want to access one site through VPN using Firefox. The problem is some times VPN is disconnected silently and I can't notice it and I visit that site from my original IP. I use Firefox.

Is there any solution that I set that VPN compulsory to access Internet in Firefox. In IE there is option and we can set which connection to use to access Internet but I am looking same kind of solution in Firefox? :confused:

GCS

globalcashsite, Oct 25, 2009 IP
  2. nikb

nikb Peon

Best Answers:
    Both Firefox and IE do not have VPN client. So does not matter which browser are you using.
    I'm think that you use your Windows or any other vpn client. When you use VPN all outbound trafic uses gateway of remote VPN server.
    Check some settings in your connection. Settings => Network => IPv4 => Settings => Advanced => Use default gateway on remote network checkbox.

nikb, Nov 3, 2009 IP
  3. globalcashsite

globalcashsite Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi buddy

Thanks for replying and helping me.

In fact what I did is I created a Dialup connection for VPN and then in IE I set it as Default to be dialed each time IE is started. This is working fine. Whenever I launch IE to access that site IE automatically dial that VPN connection and I am able to browse that site through that VPN. If VPN is not connected or disconnected browsing will stop. This is what I wanted and I did not IE.

But I need same solution for Firefox that is much better than IE but I can't find such kind of setting like "Dial connection, etc"? So do I need to install any kind of small utility that directs all traffic through that VPN.

In short you can say that I want to browse Internet from one PC through VPN and if VPN is disconnected browsing should stop, how I can do this?

Currently what is happening, some times VPN is disconnected and I don't notice this and then I keep browsing without VPN that I don't want. I want if VPN is disconnected browsing should stop at that PC?

Please help me

GCS

globalcashsite, Nov 3, 2009 IP
  4. globalcashsite

globalcashsite Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi buddies,

Is DP now less populated? I am still looking for solution of my problem? Please help me.

GCS

globalcashsite, Nov 7, 2009 IP