1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Using Twitter for marketing

Discussion in 'Twitter' started by Jim_Westergren, Jan 17, 2009.

Jim_Westergren, Jan 17, 2009 IP
  2. YoungWealthRevolution

YoungWealthRevolution Banned

Best Answers:
    Hey Jim,

You know, I have made thousands from not using Twitter or Facebook or any other Social Media / Networking, but a good friend of mine is actually making like $5,000 a month from his followers. He just consistently posts his messages with his affiliate links.

So like he will say something at like 9am, then he'll say it again at like 1pm, and then again at like 6pm, and then once more around 10pm. I think it's too much for me, but he seems to be doing great with it. If you are logged in all the time, then you should try something similar and see what your results are.

There's another one of my followers who is making bank with his Copywriting service that he charges $2,000 for. He will just post good Copywriting tips as his messages and this seems to attract a huge audience of buyers.

It can be done, there is just little tactics you should test. I know the more you write quality material, then the more followers you will get...

Good Luck!

YoungWealthRevolution, Jan 17, 2009 IP
  3. Jim_Westergren

Jim_Westergren Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks YoungWealthRevolution,

Posting affiliate links 3 times a day is not my strategy ... ;)

The second strategy of one of your followers is a good tactic and seem to fit perfectly.

I am more into the aspect of name branding, marketing my blog, going viral and networking.

Jim_Westergren, Jan 17, 2009 IP
  4. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Why would anyone care what you have to say if all you do is try and sell them a product?

dcristo, Jan 18, 2009 IP
  5. notepage

notepage Peon

Best Answers:
    I recently setup Twitter accounts for our brands (notepage and feedforall), I intend to post updates and things that would be of interest. I also follow our brands on Twitter and have been surprised to find many people twittering about FeedForAll, in some cases I've been able to quickly assist them with their problems.

I don't see it so much a marketing tool, but more extended customer service and community building ;-) Still figuring it all out though.

notepage, Jan 18, 2009 IP
  6. slymarketing

slymarketing Active Member

Best Answers:
    Remember, customer service and community building are also marketing and a really powerful marketing. If you have an awesome customer support, the word will spread.

- jens -

slymarketing, Jan 18, 2009 IP
  7. sharma1720

sharma1720 Banned

Best Answers:
    I suggest that you google this term and read a lot of info on this. also trying googles advanced search to find PDF files. This way you may find some useful ebooks

sharma1720, Jan 18, 2009 IP
  8. gr8webseller

gr8webseller Peon

Best Answers:
    twitter is just for fun, not to market.

gr8webseller, Jan 18, 2009 IP
  9. mcbeth59

mcbeth59 Peon

Best Answers:
    Twitter is a great way to make new contacts that can be useful to your internet marketing. Take the time to read what people are saying and you will see things that you can comment on or help people with. This in turn helps people to know you and they check out your info.

Twitter is well worth the effort of mastering. Just make sure you don't become addicted and spend all your time twittering...lol.

mcbeth59, Jan 18, 2009 IP
  10. wizs

wizs Active Member

Best Answers:
    gr8webseller is correct in my opinion. Since when was Twitter meant to be a marketing tool? This is what irritates me with social sites. Companies join Facebook and start promoting their junk, Squidoo is now spam infested, people are starting to use Twitter as a marketing tool, and before long it will also be full of tosh.

wizs, Jan 18, 2009 IP
  11. DynamicOxygen

DynamicOxygen Peon

Best Answers:
    Dont spam your list, try to offer updates which have real value for your viewers...

DynamicOxygen, Jan 18, 2009 IP
  12. dollarlife

dollarlife Peon

Best Answers:
    follow as many people as possible. they will all follow you back and eventually click on your link.

dollarlife, Jan 18, 2009 IP