1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

using twitter a social marketing tool

Discussion in 'Twitter' started by Aaron111, Nov 7, 2008.

1. Aaron111

Aaron111 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The first most advertised on Twitter client ive seen would believe this? twitter.com/JasonCalacanis
    49,089 Following 41,842 Followers 6,823 Updates

It might be a good idea to follow them

Aaron111, Nov 30, 2008 IP
  2. d.arbib

d.arbib Guest

Best Answers:
    twitter will reduce a competor very soon, that's Pownce. so I think twitter will more popular since powce is closed.

d.arbib, Dec 4, 2008 IP
  3. Aaron111

Best Answers:
    I agree as well ...............make sore you use a blog not a website when promoting twitter................:eek:

Aaron111, Dec 5, 2008 IP
  4. johnson999

johnson999 Peon

Best Answers:
    ya you are right twitter is the best place for marketing the things. If you have a passion. Than just take a time and make more follower which will follow you and be popular in the twitter ones if you have a number of follower than anythings updates by you is follow by other people.

johnson999, Dec 5, 2008 IP
  5. goodmast3r

goodmast3r Active Member

Best Answers:
    What's the difference between blog feed?

goodmast3r, Dec 5, 2008 IP
  6. Aaron111

Best Answers:
    Sure I understood what you were saying What's the difference between blog feed?

you mean after all your blog feed is connected directly to the social media application twitter.com so you is take your blog feed which is located at the top of the Firefox browser click the orange which on the right corner and choose RSS feed or atom feed and take it and add it to twitter.com................. make sure you are using and a website twitter social media account......

Aaron111, Dec 5, 2008 IP
  7. welland

welland Peon

Best Answers:
    Great post...thanks!

welland, Dec 6, 2008 IP
  8. Iceman Baldy

Iceman Baldy Peon

Best Answers:
    There's a lot of debate on many forums about whether Twitter is really useful as a marketing tool or if it simply contributes to the level of social distraction that characterizes a lot of Web 2.0 applications.

I use Twitter in my marketing and I've found that the more well known a person is before using Twitter, the more followers they amass quickly as others want to connect with their celebrity. However, all is not lost for those of us who are working to become established and who want to use Twitter as an effective marketing channel.

A good example of how to integrate Twitter with what you're already doing is blog promotion. I use Wordpress for one of my blogs. There is functionality built into Wordpress to send a Twitter update to your Twitter account each time make a new post. If your posts have good titles, the fundamentals of successful marketing will kick in and other individuals who are using search features of Twitter applications will find your Twitter post and often decide to follow you.

I've had this happen personally when mentioning a famous person's book or product and then being pleasantly surprised when that person has decided to follow me. Many times, those who are following famous people will also choose the follow the people that their famous people are following so I gain more traffic through the positive association.

The same automatic integration applies with those who are using Squidoo. You can opt to post a Twitter about any updates you've made to your Squidoo lenses. The key with any of this is to make the updates meaningful and interesting enough to either get people to visit your site or to decide to follow you or both.

The real secret to Twitter is using powerful developer applications that enhance its functionality. Tweetlater is a prime example. Tweetlater allows you to set up functionality with Twitter where you can automatically follow anyone who follows you in addition to sending them a welcome message from you as soon as they start to follow you. My welcome message thanks the individual for following me and encouages them to check out my forum for other great information.

You can also use Tweelater to schedule Twitter postings for the future and establish an RSS scheduled Twitter feed to make special announcements or to keep your Twitter account going while you're away or focused on other activities--it's kind of like a Twitter autoresponder that limits messages to 140 characters for ease of reading and guaranteed delivery.

Twitter is quick, easy and effective in terms of providing you with additional exposure and visibility or for just keeping your customers, friends and followers up to date on your latest endeavors. The key is to strike the right balance between daily ramblings that provide personality and social interest with solid awareness about key posts or product announcements that are important to your following audience.

Iceman Baldy, Dec 7, 2008 IP
  9. Aaron111

Best Answers:
    great inclusion here Ilike the jargin that Squidoo presents on a grand scale.....

and of course using Squidoo is more powerful than twittter perhaps? that's the hype...... use Squidoo and update the twitter in you lenses here one of my Kauai Construction Squidoo Lense I always update after making corrections or updates to the Lense ....
    :rolleyes:
    Twitter can be highly beneficial but if you arent using a blog in Twitter you could might suffer from lack of those adding you to their twitter account....you need to get people to add you or else suffer in lack of readers................. add a blog to twitter.com not a website or use a digg feed or rsss:eek: feed that carries your information pm me for more info ......lol

Aaron111, Dec 7, 2008 IP
  10. team77

team77 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I am using it through twhirl, this make it more powerful.

team77, Dec 7, 2008 IP
  11. Li Weng

Li Weng Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes I get a lot of traffic just from twitter alone and I don't update as often as many others.

Li Weng, Dec 7, 2008 IP
  12. Aaron111

Best Answers:
    lets be honest twitter doesn't bring that much traffic....stumble does more and squido brings much more also............... social wors good too :eek:

:eek:

Aaron111, Dec 7, 2008 IP
  13. LindseyInteractive

LindseyInteractive Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hello,
    I have been following this thread for a while, and learning more and more all the time.

I have just started using twitter about a month ago or so, and i figured i would share what I do. It has not brought me a ton of traffic, but I installed Google Analytics and have noticed some traffic coming from twitter and other places assoicated with what i have tried as a tatic.

What i have found to do is I put all my twitter post or tweats on my blog in the sidebar, and then I submit my blog to a bunch of burner (feedburner etc) and then all my tweets tend to get spread that way as my blog post get updated and what not, and I have gotten a couple of follows saying they found it on there, because I ask each of my followers where they found me at so i can sort of track what is going on.

Also a nice resource is the link below, they have some help on the twitter social media that may help you:

http://www.problogger.net/archives/2008/01/25/how-to-use-twitter-tips-for-bloggers/

LindseyInteractive, Dec 7, 2008 IP
  14. Aaron111

Best Answers:
    awesome I saw your blog never seen the twitter widget though??/ can you confirm how al of here can get that direct widget please lol

Aaron111, Dec 8, 2008 IP
  15. LindseyInteractive

Best Answers:
    SUre go to wordpress.org and go to the plugin section and search for twitter, it is one the best ones there...I think it i just called twitter widget, i am not at home or i would check it for you.

I will find out later and give you the exact name of it.

LindseyInteractive, Dec 8, 2008 IP
  16. Aaron111

Best Answers:
    thanks but try to get us the link asap ....... lol when ever you suggest help...you should provide actual help thanks

Aaron111, Dec 8, 2008 IP
  17. LindseyInteractive

Best Answers:
    LindseyInteractive, Dec 8, 2008 IP
  18. kijakarn

kijakarn Peon

Best Answers:
    I think this kind of marketing (+ viral) is a great tool to some group of populations , new gen. or kind of people who can adapt to this technology. Try convince your friends , your kids and your old papa to use it and see the difference . Diligently tweak the profiles and good use of it can make a lot of profit.

kijakarn, Dec 8, 2008 IP
  19. Randi

Randi Peon

Best Answers:
    The problem with Twitter that VERY FEW people will admit to for some reason, is that it's not going to work as any sort of marketing tool.

Thousands and thousands of people, "following" each other, just so others will "follow" them, all only interested in having their "Tweets" read, while never reading anyone else's "Tweets."

Think about it...

If YOU'RE not reading all those Tweets that come in through your app, what makes you think anyone is reading YOURS?

Randi, Dec 9, 2008 IP
  20. Aaron111

Best Answers:
    I agree above but it helps generate traffic........using tweet help in the serps not necessarily the readers it is a a great tool..social helps I get more traffic since using twitter :eek:

Aaron111, Dec 9, 2008 IP