1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

using twitter a social marketing tool

Discussion in 'Twitter' started by Aaron111, Nov 7, 2008.

as a general marketing tool twitter.com has been known for its capabilities as a social network.

My question here is how many of you out there actually believes that twitter.com is actually capable of doing what it says it does?
    meaning, reaching out to more people, then any other social network marketing tool.

I did notice that as you add your blog post to twitter is application, people join your network............ social network twitter accounts are they really made out to be the greatest social networking application online . I made with MySpace.com and delicious.com and the other hundreds of social bookmarking applications online twitter does have competition although for those who don't have a twitter account by signing up and getting one would be the only way to see is twitter is actually a good place to do social marketing.:rolleyes:

Aaron111, Nov 7, 2008 IP
  2. olivercarding

olivercarding Member

Best Answers:
    I've found stumbleupon linked to your home pages, a few product pages and hubpage a lot more useful than twitter, maybe i am not using it correctly

olivercarding, Nov 7, 2008 IP
  3. articleterritory

articleterritory Peon

Best Answers:
    Twitter is an awesome marketing tool, you just need to take the time to use it the right way, just like any other social marketing tool!

articleterritory, Nov 7, 2008 IP
  4. Tom Lindstrom

Tom Lindstrom Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You need to build your profile in Twitter and participate often, visit the sites of your contacts and they will do the same for you.Depending on the niche you are in, try to find people who are doing the same things as you and add them to your contacts.

Tom Lindstrom, Nov 7, 2008 IP
  5. Aaron111

Aaron111 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I just started using twitter is a social marketing toolsso quite often I've been getting a lot of e-mails in my inbox people offering me to leave messages and find out about their niche products and services via twitter.com

As a social marketer I've been trying to use as many social bookmarking applications on the web because of the power it possesses such as socialmarker.com :eek:

Aaron111, Nov 7, 2008 IP
  6. baagish

baagish Peon

Best Answers:
    Twitter is a good social media. It is easy to use and its interface is easy to navigate. You can get news of many people on a single dashboard. Facebook and hubpages are also good social marketing tool.

baagish, Nov 7, 2008 IP
  7. ErikJ

ErikJ Peon

Best Answers:
    It can work well if you do not spam and ad interesting stuff and make it personal then it works great

ErikJ, Nov 7, 2008 IP
  8. Gallito

Gallito Peon

Best Answers:
    Social marketing only works if you put in enough effort, it directly compares to the efforts you put in.

Gallito, Nov 7, 2008 IP
  9. karlp295

karlp295 Peon

Best Answers:
    How much effort is enough I wonder? All this time spent on social marketing when can we actually work on our businesses?

karlp295, Nov 7, 2008 IP
  10. gr33n

gr33n Peon

Best Answers:
    You have to work until you see results...

gr33n, Nov 7, 2008 IP
  11. Joe Campbell

Joe Campbell Peon

Best Answers:
    I would guess that if you're marketing it would be part of working on your business. no?

Joe Campbell, Nov 7, 2008 IP
  12. websurfer

websurfer Peon

Best Answers:
    as i have submitted sites in 350 bookmarking sites, but i don't think that twitter can be helpful for link back or traffic. coz it converts url's to tiny url, we loose out link back benefit here.

pls suggest me if it's helpful with another way.....

websurfer, Nov 7, 2008 IP
  13. Aaron111

Best Answers:
    :Dthat's very impressive conclusion about players turning URLs into tiny URL... I myself was examining this application. And I feel you are compassionate about social bookmarking obviously 350 bookmark sites that's really amazing if you don't mind sharing your 350 bookmark websites I would be well appreciated of these were information. Please leave us a list of the 350 bookmark sites you have submitted your websites to kudos and greenlight's:eek:

Aaron111, Nov 7, 2008 IP
  14. Aaron111

Best Answers:
    does twitter bring you traffic or does it actually count for tackling it is a question hands by factor dominated by 350 social bookmark reviews.

Aaron111, Nov 7, 2008 IP
  15. jcwgpwg

jcwgpwg Guest

Best Answers:
    I personally haven't got set up yet with twitter, although it is on my "to do" list. But I have read that some of the top internet marketers out there do think that twitter is a great way to get traffic.

jcwgpwg, Nov 7, 2008 IP
  16. SEMSpot

SEMSpot Peon

Best Answers:
    Twitter is a very powerful social marketing tool, consider it word of mouth on steroids. If you take the time and build your profile, engage in conversation, give opinions, answer questions from other people it can add up. If you have a lot of followers, a simple tweet about a new product, blog post, website launch, etc. can spread like a wildfire.

Say you have 2k followers, tweet out your message and that will be 2k people who will see it. If they retweet it out to their followers it is like a domino effect and can work with great results. Just a matter of taking the time to use it the right way ( do not go out and add 2k people in hopes they follow you back) tweet more then once or twice a day, engage in conversation and you will see the results over time.

SEMSpot, Nov 7, 2008 IP
  17. Morgan Coudray

Morgan Coudray Peon

Best Answers:
    Twitter has been lucrative for me. the trick is to build an attractive profile, provide useful info to your followers and interact with them. It has gotten me 2 guest posts so far and my blog is 1 month old.
    keep up the activity. and personnaly if you genuinely care about info sharing and genuine interactions, you'll get good results.

Morgan Coudray, Nov 7, 2008 IP
  18. lvcjmac

lvcjmac Peon

Best Answers:
    Twitter can become almost like a mailing list for you. If you take the time to build up a substantial list of followers who've come to know and trust you, then just imagine the uses you can have. Let's say you've got 1,000 followers in your twitter account. What that means is that each time you post a "tweet", those 1,000 followers see what you're posting.

It's not as simple to say that all 1,000 people will actually see that specific tweet (because I don't know anyway who reads every single response in their followers) but can you imagine the possibilities of using this program?

lvcjmac, Nov 7, 2008 IP
  19. Aaron111

Best Answers:
    as a social network marketing determiner I haven't yet seen where to be the world's most dominant social networking application on the web. Although every time I twitter.com meaning for every post I do or forum post I submit to my twit all of them.

Whenever you twit all your blog post and forum posting that could increase your ROI return on investment..............:eek:

As far as building a profile and engaging in conversation as a twitter member I have yet to see this to be a dominant figure although when you look online you will see a few twitter members with 4000 post 4000 followers and 4000 updates I believe that those people are writing unique content because it is self relevant to the cause-and-effect of what people are blogging about most.

:cool:

Aaron111, Nov 7, 2008 IP
  20. gordon08

gordon08 Peon

Best Answers:
    Is twitter better than facebook as far as advertising is concerned?

gordon08, Nov 7, 2008 IP