1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Using Squidoo to it's max

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by tdg89, Apr 15, 2009.

1. Las Vegas DUI Lawyer

Las Vegas DUI Lawyer Peon

Best Answers:
    I was going to say the same thing as Zexy.

The tremendous power of squidoo is that you can create a FULL BLOWN LENS in minutes. Imagine if you will.

1. pay $5 for an article centered around on keyword optimized to the T
    2. create a squidoo lens, with the best on page seo optimization
    3. put 2 links to your site on the page
    4. promote it with the full 9 yards backlinks and all for a week
    5. rinse repeat with the next keyword

After 4 weeks you'll have 4 separate lenses pointing to your site, properly promoted. And you can virtually do that to the Nth degree for different keywords pointing to your site / blog. And all that energy is going to give you quality, in-niche, targeted traffic, from a trusted pr6 site.

The problem is: Million dollar question here "how do you keep people coming to your lens AND / OR making it viral"?

That I leave up to you to find out.

Las Vegas DUI Lawyer, Apr 18, 2009 IP
    zexy likes this.
  2. rookiethomas

rookiethomas Peon

Best Answers:
    Well now Squidoo is nofollow so using it for backlinks is worthless. Also I have never made any cash from it....oh actually 0.40 cents. I have seen the post and the deposit numbers saying some chic has made 3k a month. I find that very hard to believe. If it sounds too good to be true......

But Squidoo is good for one thing. You can get your lens to rank for some long tailed keywords. I have had my lens in the 3rd position for keywords like new 2009 infiniti g35, or used cars in riverside county.

rookiethomas, Apr 18, 2009 IP
  3. AngieDixon

AngieDixon Guest

Best Answers:
    This is interesting stuff. I'm getting ready to promote a new product, or rather getting ready to get ready. I've just received my Butterfly Marketing package (hooray!), and plan to also carefully study Jeff Walker's PLF. I plan to use the next few weeks to study, plan and build my marketing plan for a new information product. I'm always looking for things I don't know about yet, that I can incorporate into my marketing. I've heard of Squidoo through Seth Godin, but haven't tried it. I will take a look.

Thanks.

AngieDixon, Apr 18, 2009 IP
  4. Las Vegas DUI Lawyer

Las Vegas DUI Lawyer Peon

Best Answers:
    This is incorrect information.

Squidoo links are no follow for the first few hours while you're still creating a lens, after 24 hours and you editing your lens several times, unless you make your link nofollow, all your links become Do follow. This was implimented to avoid spammers creating a million lenses.

However, commenting on squidoo pages are all no follow links.

HOWEVER, leaving comments on squidoo pages, affords you the opportunity, depending on the niche, for a lot LOT of organic targeted traffic, which is what you want anyway. :D

Las Vegas DUI Lawyer, Apr 18, 2009 IP
  5. Alex_K

Alex_K Member

Best Answers:
    Very true.

Alex_K, Apr 20, 2009 IP
  6. gvannorman

gvannorman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have a squidoo lens, but I have not used it in quite some time. After reading what I read here I will have to go and tweak it a bit. It is true that you can have a lens set up in a matter of minutes and its all free especially if you write your own content.

I also have heard something about using hub pages for backlinks and as a way of promoting your main site.

gvannorman, Apr 20, 2009 IP
  7. moneymoguls

moneymoguls Peon

Best Answers:
    One Week Marketing eBook - just another ebook from Clickbank filled with nothing. Lots of text but really doesn't say anything. I have bought a few ebooks and they were pretty much useless. I got the One Week Marketing sample which is 18 pages long and guess what? It doesn't tell you anything useful. You would think they would give you at least one method to try. Then when it works, you buy the whole enchilada. But NOPE!!!

IMO Squidoo works if you work hard...like anything else. I have some blogger blogs and they make money.

moneymoguls, Apr 20, 2009 IP
  8. GrotesqueGoddess

GrotesqueGoddess Peon

Best Answers:
    I've found that promoting my Squidoo lens via E-Zine to be highly effective.

GrotesqueGoddess, Apr 20, 2009 IP
  9. Alex_K

Alex_K Member

Best Answers:
    ROTFL! It's awesome how you base the value of one of the most breakthrough products by the 18 pages of "sample" chapters!

That's like saying: "The movie really sucks, it's about nothing..." while watching the first 10 seconds of the introduction titles...

That's another narrow minded comment. What would be the point of buying a book if you could get the methods straight from a teaser copy?

In other words what you're saying is that the course should be given away for free and maybe if it works for you you'd consider buying it?

Maybe not everyone wants to spend their time, money and expertise giving their proven products away to freeloaders in hopes that those freeloaders might want to cough up a measly $47 to learn how to make $10,000+ a month.

Get real! And maybe you shouldn't be dropping comments like:
    without first owning the full copy of the product. Makes you sound ignorant at best...:rolleyes:

Alex_K, Apr 20, 2009 IP
  10. elitesystem

elitesystem Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i would suggest you dont stick just to squidoo but do a little linking with hubpages, weebly, wetpaint, ezine etc :) they work good

elitesystem, Apr 20, 2009 IP