1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

using someone keyword & Descriptions

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by GulfJoinery, Oct 4, 2015.

Hello

I was searching for a keyword to use for our website so i found a website that use a good list of keyword so i was planning to use the same also the descriptions

is that issue if the owner found out ?

GulfJoinery, Oct 4, 2015 IP
  2. pmf123

pmf123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    the only thing i've had trouble with is if you put a competitors name or .com in the meta tags... got a C&D for that once :cool:

doubt they can do anything about generic keywords they don't own the copyright to

pmf123, Oct 8, 2015 IP
  3. Pamela Turns

Pamela Turns Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, of course you can! But I doubt if it would be really effective based on the product/service you're promoting.

I think it would be better if you would make those keywords (from your competitor) as your basis for your keyword research and start your own keyword analysis that would be exactly fit in with your website.

Pamela Turns, Oct 28, 2015 IP
  4. kjh-08

kjh-08 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I assume you're referring to their meta keywords, if this is the case then that's fair game.

The problem I see with that is you're betting that they know how to properly do keyword research and chose the best keywords possible. You may actually be able to find better keywords if you'd put in the time to research them.

Not to mention your site/content has to be built around these keywords, you can't just add random meta keywords. Everything needs to be based around your chosen keywords for maximum On-page SEO.

Not sure what "Descriptions" you're talking about but over all this is a bad tactic and will only hurt your site in the long run.

kjh-08, Oct 29, 2015 IP