1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Using sites like Myspace, Zanga, Yahoo360

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by d360, Oct 17, 2005.

Has anyone used these sites to build traffic for your own site? Would their be value in posting to theses type of sites and then occasionally market (link) to your own site outside of their network?

d360, Oct 17, 2005 IP
  2. puzzlebox

puzzlebox Guest

Best Answers:
    I am actually thinking about it. I am using blogger now and I don't think there's any difference..

puzzlebox, Oct 17, 2005 IP
  3. debare

debare Peon

Best Answers:
    There is definite value carefully crafting supporting websites and webpages in a number of 'free' places such as the webspace provided you through your cable (e.g. shaw.ca) or ADSL (e.g. telus.net) accounts. I get an amazing amount of traffic from my personal space at mac.com (yes, they even have an affiliate program) where I've built a series of one-page SEO'd 'websites' that provide one-way contextual links back to my main websites. I don't know if Myspace, Zanga or Yahoo360 would provide the same benefits, but I'd say it would be worth a day or two of your time to build some pages and see if there is any traffic generated in the coming months.

debare, Oct 17, 2005 IP
  4. diamond008

diamond008 Peon

Best Answers:
    I would suggest to use the studiotraffic to generate some more traffic.

diamond008, Oct 17, 2005 IP
  5. Muqadas.Wattoo

Muqadas.Wattoo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    well there's a small difference in unique and hits... in studiotraffic you can only get some hits not really unique visitors.

Muqadas.Wattoo, Oct 17, 2005 IP
  6. geej

geej Guest

Best Answers:
    I used a site called Everyone's Connected for awhile. With that site they have virtual newspaper called the, "Two Link Times" it's basically where anyone within 2 links of you can write in it. I used that to advertise my website and got several signups because of it.

I think these sites offer a lot of possiblities for marketing. It's just figuring out how exactly to use it. How to advertise but not come across as a spammer.

In many of these virtual communities people get pissed about that. Many will report you to the website admin and get your account banned.

My tactic was always, to have a nice advertisement in my profile. Basically state what my business was, the benefits, and have a link. Then I'd send messages to people that I thought might be interested. I'd just say something like. Hey saw your profile, you look cool, write back if you ever want to chat. Well typically these people will automatically view your profile. Which means boom, your advertising to them without coming across as spam.

It does work.... though...

geej, Oct 19, 2005 IP