1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Using single social media account for multiple similar businesses

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by Isaac Adni, Apr 9, 2016.

I have just started a music mastering business. Let's say that the business is called Xmastering.com. Now, I cannot claim @Xmastering on Twitter as it is too long - the longest I can claim is @Xmaste.
    In the future I may expand the business with a similar site - Xmixing.com - that will do music mixing (a similar sort of thing to mastering). I also own the domain Xaudio.com. Should I use the @Xaudio Twitter, Facebook and YouTube accounts for Xmastering.com (and Xmixing.com when I start it), or should I just go with @Xmaste on Twitter and Xmastering on Facebook and YouTube and then create separate accounts for the similar mixing business when I create it? Or should I instead use the Xaudio accounts for both in order to generate more reach?

Isaac Adni, Apr 9, 2016 IP
  2. danasurvey

danasurvey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'd try to keep the name as consistent as possible across social media, so people will know they are looking at your Facebook page and your Twitter page and both are from the same music mastering business.

danasurvey, Apr 9, 2016 IP
  3. Aaron Ward

Aaron Ward Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You can always add prefixes to your name.

The, real, get,try,use,its,official,im,
    tryxmastering

Try and keep them close across platforms just in case someone wants to check your Facebook from Twitter for example.

Aaron Ward, Apr 10, 2016 IP
  4. writepro19

writepro19 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I was going to say the same..... :)

writepro19, Apr 10, 2016 IP
  5. JudySlean

JudySlean Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It is very right way to use social network! Also I agree with others guys, try them close across platforms! Also, use social networks rules, and everything will be good!

JudySlean, Apr 11, 2016 IP
  6. And_The-Teddy_Bach

And_The-Teddy_Bach Member

Best Answers:
    Ok ... I see your point. Let's make it easy. It might be too long for your Twitter handle, but not for the displayed name. So, shorten the name for the handle, but keep the displayed name as you would use it in real life. From there on, you have to stay consistent across all platforms. Once you choose one name for one part of your business, you should use it across all other platforms the same way. Once you get to the next point, you can do the same for all the other projects you have planned.

And_The-Teddy_Bach, Apr 13, 2016 IP