1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Using same website title as domain name?

Discussion in 'Keywords' started by JohnThornhill-Online, Jul 31, 2019.

Hi this is my 1st post and I have a question.

I was lucky enough to get a really good keyword based domain name for my website.
    Lets say my keywords were "eating bananas is good"
    I got a domain EatingBananasIsGood with . com domain name extension.

Now my question is whats better:
    - use the same keyword phrase as I have also for title of the website (the title and the h1 tag would therefor be "Eating Bananas Is Good")
    - or should i use something that's not completely the same for the h1/title (for example: "5+ Amazing Reasons Why Eating Bananas Is Good")

Thanks for the reply and good day to you all!

JohnThornhill-Online, Jul 31, 2019 IP
  2. crismorelo

crismorelo Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, second point : use something different, it will rank better in google

crismorelo, Aug 7, 2019 IP
  3. Ruin18

Ruin18 Peon

Best Answers:
    I would use 'Eating Bananas Is Good' for your page but then create a blog post '5+ Amazing Reasons Why Eating Bananas Is Good'.

Ruin18, Oct 26, 2019 IP
  4. Andrii Ozemko

Andrii Ozemko Member

Best Answers:
    Using keywords in domain name is good idea. I am not sure if Google understand CamelCase name, but it understands separators like -. About the question. Second option is better. In this case you can use two key words in H1.

Andrii Ozemko, Oct 26, 2019 IP
  5. Sam Sabir

Sam Sabir Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Try to relate both of them by using few similar terms in between but don't make each of them the copy of another. Using keywords in domain name is a good idea as well.

Sam Sabir, Feb 28, 2020 IP
  6. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would use a related (but different) keyword phrase for the website title. I wouldn't use a number as I think it would serve to limit the site's content in the eyes of the viewer. As Ruin18 suggested, I would reserve "number of" for post or individual page titles.

JoeSpirit, Feb 29, 2020 IP
  7. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I'd say go for the version 2, give it a month or so, then try the version 1 to see which title performs better. As important as <h1></h1> is, it won't help your site rank higher alone. Whatever you put between <title></title> and <meta name="description" content=""> and the overall quality of your site content will determine how well it will rank. Nothing new, but I thought I'd remind you about that.

Last edited: Feb 29, 2020
    qwikad.com, Feb 29, 2020 IP
  8. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Go with Ruin18 suggestion.

I really cannot remember the last time I saw google ranking homepage of a website, unless I specifically searched for the website name itself.
    It probably only uses homepages as index pages, which they originally were supposed to be, an index of other important pages.

JEET, Feb 29, 2020 IP
  9. gerardm24

gerardm24 Active Member

Best Answers:
    You already have an exact match domain in "EatingBananasIsGood.com", so would suggest a title that complements it. By repeating the domain name in the title to me, appears like a bit of a waste, and I would rather use "related keywords". As suggested, you can have your first few blog posts highlighting your exact match keyword e.g.

• Eating Bananas Is Good - Proven By Dieticians
    • Want To Be Healthy? - Eating Bananas Is Good

All the best with your ranking efforts.

gerardm24, Jul 16, 2020 IP