1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Using Optigold ISP and AuthorizeNet, can someone help me with some basic setup items?

Discussion in 'Optigold ISP' started by Thresher, May 31, 2006.

The company I work for has just begun their quest to take credit cards via Optigold ISP and process them through Authorizenet and then eventually dump funds into our merchant account. I am not necessarily sure who did the research or how we ended up in this configuration but I am here to try and get it working. I have searched the forums and looked through the manual but I guess I'm not finding the detailed synopsis I need or my understanding is too literal. I am having problems understanding some Billing Preferences fields in Optigold ISP.

Can you lend me some guidance?

Currently Optigold has an IP in Hub Ip Address - 11.22.33.44
    Hub Port Number - 54321

I can not find this information on authorizenet's website, unless I assumed wrong and that is not where I am supposed to get it.

I then have four fields relating to the CC Auth Login/Password and the Bank Debit Login/Password, I assume this is the login and password provided to me by AuthorizeNet? The same one we use to login to AuthorizeNet's website?

I then am asked for a partner ID (default = verisign), private or referring URL and an Encryption Key (which I generated and have from AuthorizeNet, if that is indeed the number they are asking for).

I would really appreciate any help that you could offer.

Hub IP address -
    Hub Port Number -
    CC Auth Login -
    CC Auth Password -
    BD Auth Login -
    BD Auth Password -
    Partner ID -
    Private or Referring URL -
    Encryption Key -

Many Thanks for pointing me to the information or helping me out!
    Curt

Thresher, May 31, 2006 IP
  2. Thresher

Thresher Peon

Best Answers:
    Well I have called my payment gateway provider and my merchant account provider and neither offered much help, it seems I was asking them for details none of them had. AuthorizeNet did provide me with a secure server to post transactions to but it is an https://secure.authorize.net/gateway/transact.dll rather then an IP address. Will it be ok to use the https:// instead of the IP?

Thresher, May 31, 2006 IP
  3. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    From the user's guide...

That should be your authorize.net login/password.

digitalpoint, Jun 1, 2006 IP
  4. Thresher

Thresher Peon

Best Answers:
    I thank you for your response. Maybe I should have mentioned that I read the manual and still have the same basic questions.

1. How do I know if they have installed the plug in?
    2. In billing preferences shoudl i leave HUB IP at 11.22.33.44?

Thresher, Jun 1, 2006 IP
  5. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    1. You would get an error that the plug-in isn't installed when you run a transaction.

2. Hub IP has nothing to do with Authorize.Net.

digitalpoint, Jun 2, 2006 IP
  6. Thresher

Thresher Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks Shawn.

You were right, I was making it more difficult then need be. I am having a problem with using a generated key by AuthorizeNet but that's my issue not yours.

Aloha!

Thresher, Jun 8, 2006 IP