1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Using MySpace as a marketing tool

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by Actor Mike, Sep 28, 2006.

I've read on here and in a number of different places that MySpace is a good marketing tool. I've never considered using the site previously but I'm working on a site at the moment which might just fit the MySpace demographic so what should I be thinking about in terms of using MySpace to generate traffic?

Has anyone got any tips? Suggestions? Success stories?

Cheers,

MB :cool:

Actor Mike, Sep 28, 2006 IP
  2. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
  3. seobrien

seobrien Peon

Best Answers:
    Also consider Facebook... sure not as big but better reputation and experience

seobrien, Sep 28, 2006 IP
  4. Actor Mike

Actor Mike Peon

Best Answers:
    Cheers Rob - first link was very interesting to read. I kinda got the idea from the 15k Challenge site as he seems to be using MySpace as a good way to generate traffic.

I'll have a think about whether or not to go with MS as an option. Generally speaking I'm pretty much white hat but, then again, that's only cuz I haven't had the balls to go black hat yet. I once heard that once you go black, you don't go back ;)

Actor Mike, Sep 28, 2006 IP
  5. aqrhine

aqrhine Active Member

Best Answers:
    The thing with myspace is the low conversion rate. Even on the 15kchallenge he said myspace only makes up around 4% of traffic. Sure it helps and that 4% is definately worth it, but you can't rely on it as your main source of traffic.

aqrhine, Sep 28, 2006 IP
    gaeleth likes this.
  6. pluto459

pluto459 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Since myspace took on this big media push it seems that most people arent receptive as they used to be to emails and bulletins. Its much harder to get people now on myspace. I just start a profile on them all and let them sit.

pluto459, Sep 28, 2006 IP
    TomN and gaeleth like this.