1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Using Google Analytics to track "exit links"

Discussion in 'Google Analytics' started by trickortrade, May 18, 2006.

1. dougyitbos

dougyitbos Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks Mad4 - I actually just re-coded the WordPress functions to add the onclick, but was looking for something less obtrusive.
    SEMrush

dougyitbos, Aug 22, 2007 IP
    SEMrush
  2. e10

e10 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I finally got the onclick function to work. Yippee and thank you Mad4! Now I have a question about fine tuning this. Suppose I have an outgoing link to the same client on several pages of my site and I wanted to show how many clicks he received from each individual page of my site that he is on, would I do it like this:

<a href="http://www.client.com" onClick="javascript:urchinTracker ('/outgoing/pagename/client);">www.client.com</a>

Also having just got this to work I am unsure about the data received. Within my outgoing/clientname record I have 2 pageviews and 1 unique pageview. Would this mean that one visitor clicked on this client's link twice? :confused:

e10, Sep 11, 2007 IP
  3. mad4

mad4 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think so....

mad4, Sep 12, 2007 IP
  4. manipalkmc

manipalkmc Member

Best Answers:
    but is there an option under analytics that can tell u on which link did the visitor clicked for exiting ur site/blog?

manipalkmc, Jan 12, 2011 IP
  5. Rk's

Rk's Peon

Best Answers:
    you cannot compare the functionalities of Google analytics and Startcounter

Rk's, Jan 15, 2011 IP
  6. Kadabra

Kadabra Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Sorry, very new to all this. So to make sure, this is how the code should look?

<a href="http://www.site.com/redirect.php" target="_new" rel="nofollow" onClick="javascript:urchinTracker ('/visit/redirect.php');">Visit Site</a>
    Code (markup):
    I use WP and have the analytics installed through Yoast plugin. Is there anything else i need to do besides that code?

Last, where exactly i see the results?

Thank you

Kadabra, Jun 24, 2015 IP