1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Using fiverr to buy traffic for your site is a waste of time...

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by qwikad.com, Mar 6, 2012.

1. steven_porter

steven_porter Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    LoL it's Fiverr what do you expect:D Most of the people that sell on Fiverr only use it to drive traffic to their site! Buyers are rarely the winners at Fiverr! I think you're looking at Fiverr all wrong qwikad become a seller!:cool:

steven_porter, Mar 10, 2012 IP
  2. Michael Worthington

Michael Worthington Peon

Best Answers:
    Steven, you just said the magic words! "It's Fiverr". Although you can get a decent graphic done fast if you choose the right designer, I don't trust much else to a site where everything is 5 bucks!For my own experience, I prefer to buy solo ads from people I know with good lists.Jan Tallent over at Rim Digest is a good one and Jim Daniels also sells solo ads although you better be prepared to get deep in that purse when you buy from him. The last I checked, he charges $650 for a solo to 125,000 subs.There are other people around that sell solo ads, you just have to look for them. If you have a membership to Directory of Ezines,there are a ton of reputable foks in there that will hook you up with solos, or classifieds with good response, depending on your offer. Hope this helps.Michael

Michael Worthington, Mar 10, 2012 IP
  3. louis d

louis d Member

Best Answers:
    The truth is this... if you could get really decent targeted traffic would you sell it for a fiverr or go and make money an affiliate?

I here some people saying fiverr is usless... please dont do that because the people who do not know will not use it becaus of that blazzay statement...

Fiverr is very usefull for outsourcing guys... You just have to check user feedback and try to thik rationally.. If its to good to be true.. It is probably is :)

But some of the gigs on fiverr are just awesome they areally are... But not the traffic ones.

As soon as get a good gig I star it and write it down. I have been a member since the start of fiverr and some of the gigs there have blown me away... Just take your time to look the diamonds are there to be had people :)

good luck :)

louis d, Mar 10, 2012 IP
  4. dame016

dame016 Member

Best Answers:
    You must be thankful then that you have found out about it. You'll not avail of their services again. I also think that one should buy a service that is specific as possible. For example, Get 100 new followers on Twitter for $5 rather than the general buy traffic service.

dame016, Mar 11, 2012 IP
  5. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Ha! Maybe I should. I have a whole site that is all about driving traffic (sort of).

qwikad.com, Mar 11, 2012 IP
  6. cameronpalte

cameronpalte Active Member

Best Answers:
    And, we should trust this site why? What does it provide too us. It just has tons of ads on the site and an alexa rank of 150k+ (~190k)... is this your site? even if it isn't I am sure their are better authorities out their.

cameronpalte, Mar 11, 2012 IP
  7. Richard Wheeler

Richard Wheeler Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, Fiverr does have it's uses, but for more control over your contractors, try going on freelance websites like oDesk and Elance for your backlink generation outsourcing. Seen some good results from there.

Richard Wheeler, Mar 11, 2012 IP
  8. qwikad.com

Best Answers:
    Are you positive they are not "no follow" type of services?

qwikad.com, Mar 12, 2012 IP
  9. entrecon

entrecon Peon

Best Answers:
    You really have to dig through Fiverr to find the right gigs for you. I agree that the traffic gigs are probably not the greatest.

entrecon, Mar 12, 2012 IP
  10. Richard Wheeler

Richard Wheeler Peon

Best Answers:
    Depends on what you instruct your contractors to do. If you get them to post articles and posts on sites without the nofollow html code, you could still get reliable one way backlinks. The most important thing to do when trying to avoid nofollow is to find where it's not used automatically, and then to focus your efforts there. Some forums allow links in your signature and keeps it nofollow free. You just need to find 'em.

Richard Wheeler, Mar 12, 2012 IP
  11. war_machine

war_machine Active Member

Best Answers:
    Here is what you can do....
    1. $5 to have 1-3 videos made about your products/services

2. $5 to get a few thousand backlinks thrown at it.
    3. $5 for someone to send views to it.

The end result is that the backlinks will of course give you some positioning mojo after a few days/weeks, and the views will give you some "social proof" to get you started.

war_machine, Apr 23, 2012 IP
  12. Salesmania

Salesmania Active Member

Best Answers:
    It is better to buy SEO services in order to get free, natural traffic, rather then purchasing it.

Salesmania, Apr 23, 2012 IP
  13. Zaharey

Zaharey Member

Best Answers:
    It depends on the source of the buying traffic. E.g: Buying traffic from your niche related source would always be a best alternative. Local traffic would be the best if you were thinking about using the traffic. You can buy traffic if you are sure about this source, quality, unique and should be related specifically to your niche.

Zaharey, Apr 23, 2012 IP
  14. qwikad.com

Best Answers:
    But here where my problem is. It's pure math. They sell their traffic for $5. They actually get $4 since Fiverr charges a buck per sale. Then PayPal takes some % from them as well. So they end up making about 3.50 a sale. No much at all, right?

If someone has a website or service that has SOOOOO much traffic (supposedly) that they can sell it, why would they not make a simple website for themselves put AdSense ads on it, drive their own traffic to it and make $100 a day easily if they, indeed, have that much traffic. No hard work, no sales.

Yet, they don't do that. The answer to that is, their traffic is bogus.

qwikad.com, Apr 24, 2012 IP
  15. Renee Dumont

Renee Dumont Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I been on other forums where they will post fiverr services with a good reputation that have worked well for them.
    It's a good idea to do that.

Renee Dumont, Mar 8, 2016 IP
  16. sparkah

sparkah Member

Best Answers:
    the only reason to buy web traffic is to manipulate your server log or trick your clients into thinking you got them traffic, am i wrong?

sparkah, Mar 10, 2016 IP
  17. All Marketing Trends

All Marketing Trends Member

Best Answers:
    I also lost my $ in fiverr!

Buying traffic and followers are not proper way to establish your business. One real traffic and follower worth is more than thousands fake traffic and follower. So, it's better to buy social media marketing service because social media traffic are the most convertible traffic in the internet.

All Marketing Trends, Mar 12, 2016 IP
  18. samilee80

samilee80 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I agree there are a lot of shotty people on that site that is why I hardly use it.

samilee80, Apr 5, 2016 IP
  19. WebmasterPhil

WebmasterPhil Member

Best Answers:
    what would anyone expect for $5 bucks. The Fiverr traffic is generally bot dependent, and many of the facebook or social media traffic might be fake pages with fake friends.

Fiverr is good for many other things, especially service gigs like photoshop help or programming, etc.

WebmasterPhil, Apr 23, 2016 IP
  20. MilesWeb

MilesWeb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Only genuine traffic is right traffic. Even if you see traffic coming to your website after investing $5, this traffic is not going to stay consistent because it is not genuine. Fake traffic might also get you in SEO trouble; therefore, it is much better to invest time in building genuine traffic.

MilesWeb, Apr 25, 2016 IP