1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Using fiverr to buy traffic for your site is a waste of time...

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by qwikad.com, Mar 6, 2012.

I am so gullible sometimes. I went on fiverr to buy traffic the other day and both guys delivered bot-driven traffic to my site. [URL REMOVED BY MOD]

Like I can't see where the traffic is coming from? I went to research this subject and guess what? 10 out of 10 people who bought traffic there think it's bogus. The thing is if the website traffic gigs on fiverr were real would the people who offer those gigs not want to try to make thousands of $$ for themselves using their own traffic? This is so easy to understand and yet still thousands of people are buying those worthless gigs.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2012
    qwikad.com, Mar 6, 2012 IP
    samilee80 likes this.
  2. odlanor9

odlanor9 Peon

Best Answers:
    hey qwikad - ive bought a lot of things from fiverr (my last 2 things were an ebook cover and a caricature of me) and have gotten really great results, however, I have never bought traffic.

Somehow, getting quality traffic for only $5 is a contradiction to me. The good thing is that it only cost you $5. I still say its a great place to get many other things done!

In fact, getting youtube traffic is good to outsource to fiverr

good luck!

odlanor9, Mar 6, 2012 IP
  3. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I think whoever runs fiverr should look into traffic selling gigs. Most of them are fake IMHO.

qwikad.com, Mar 6, 2012 IP
  4. xenon121

xenon121 Active Member

Best Answers:
    i also wasted my $20 in fiverr. gigs are not helpful there.

xenon121, Mar 6, 2012 IP
  5. GuruCreation

GuruCreation Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I've used fiverr for a few things, but never to buy traffic. I use it more for a blast of backlinks of some sort, or some crazy videos, but that's about it.

The right traffic is out there, you just have to find it, of course -this is definitely not easy.... And when you do find it, don't reveal it to anyone...he he he.

GuruCreation, Mar 6, 2012 IP
  6. JustusKim

JustusKim Peon

Best Answers:
    Fiverr is useful. I think it is not true that gigs there are not helpful. Also it depends on what kind of traffic you are trying to buy - i have gotten sales before when i use some twitter and Facebook services to promote my sites or products. Some reputable sellers can get you traffics through social marketing. But if you are trying to buy actual traffic where a gig promises a certain number of visitor to your site - then it is true most of these traffic are worthless.

JustusKim, Mar 6, 2012 IP
  7. wbgclient

wbgclient Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I have never tried them but it is good to know what you mention here. I will pay attention if I want to get traffic or backlinks...

wbgclient, Mar 7, 2012 IP
  8. linkwheelmagnet

linkwheelmagnet Peon

Best Answers:
    No mater which market you choose, you will eventually notice some fake seller that never means the whole market is crap. You have find right people for your job also should use common seance. I see some seller claim, s/he will create 400 forum profile point link to your site with description manually within 24 hrs. Is that possible? There are very good people out there who produce quality work, you have to find them.

linkwheelmagnet, Mar 7, 2012 IP
  9. icegin

icegin Peon

Best Answers:
    It's never a good idea to buy traffic from anywhere -- it might increase the number of hits on your site statistics but it doesn't mean you'll earn anything from these visits, especially if you're trying to market a product/service.

icegin, Mar 7, 2012 IP
  10. aaslin

aaslin Peon

Best Answers:
    There are actually very few helpful gigs like design and manual links.

aaslin, Mar 7, 2012 IP
  11. JerrickYeoh

JerrickYeoh Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you waste money on buying traffic, it will better for you to use that money to spend on google adwords to purchase traffic which is much much more quality and even given you conversion rate.
    Beside that you can try to exchange traffic site to exchange traffic rather than purchase traffic from anonymous.

JerrickYeoh, Mar 8, 2012 IP
  12. daveteeee

daveteeee Peon

Best Answers:
    There are SOME good gigs on fiverr. I have used some excellent article writing services on fiverr, for example. But I've had some terrible experiences with people calling themselves "logo designers". Best bet is to look at the feedback ratings of the sellers before committing to buy. And you can sort listings by "rating" so you only get the best at the top of the pile. Hope this helps.

daveteeee, Mar 8, 2012 IP
  13. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I was mainly bashing the "human" traffic gigs on it. I just purchased backlinks gigs and the guys have delivered what they promised. So, I agree, some things there do work.

qwikad.com, Mar 8, 2012 IP
  14. Rajmeej

Rajmeej Peon

Best Answers:
    Now a day fiverr seems lots of crap and fake gigs some delivery good and some delivery bad one. so i want to say just see the rating, comments and asks one time while invest in fiverr anyway $5 is also the money.

thank you

Rajmeej, Mar 8, 2012 IP
  15. Dan2007

Dan2007 Member

Best Answers:
    Most of these traffic services will send you crap traffic. Just because they will send you thousands of visitors doesn't mean any of them will convert. You need TARGETED traffic, which you will have to do the following for:

Pay for targeted traffic - PPC (google adwords), banner advertisements on niche related sites
    SEO for keywords relating to your niche
    Social media - promote your website through facebook, twitter etc

Dan2007, Mar 10, 2012 IP
  16. virtualwebmarket

virtualwebmarket Active Member

Best Answers:
    Two things regarding thew post:

1. Fiverr is indeed a gimmick, good for things to buy and sell with gimmick sites. Im not sure traffic and real traffic are among these things.
    2. Dont buy traffic from sources which are not listed on the buy traffic guide !

Good luck

virtualwebmarket, Mar 10, 2012 IP
  17. Shabayek

Shabayek Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Sorry, noob here, but where is that buy-traffic guide?

Shabayek, Mar 10, 2012 IP
  18. virtualwebmarket

virtualwebmarket Active Member

Best Answers:
    buytrafficguide.com

virtualwebmarket, Mar 10, 2012 IP
  19. PPCoach

PPCoach Peon

Best Answers:
    If you can find a good supplier on Fiverr, cherish it, because that place is full of poor services.

PPCoach, Mar 10, 2012 IP
  20. Surminga

Surminga Member

Best Answers:
    I've recently started using fiverr and not spent much time to properly analyse the results in comparison to the jobs I done myself. You can get some great gigs and work done and obviously it saves a hell of a lot of time for good work in return

Surminga, Mar 10, 2012 IP