1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Using Facebook to Drive Traffic to Your Website in 3 Steps

Discussion in 'Facebook' started by WareBehr, Jun 23, 2017.

Hello webmasters and internet marketers.
    Today I will be going over a method any beginner can use to drive traffic to their website, gain Facebook followers, and potentially win more sales using their Facebook page, and other social media accounts.

Step One - Social Media Syndication
    Facebook is a great social media platform to share your content and gain traffic to your website. However, Facebook isn't the only social media platform that can do this. For this reason, the first step in the guide is to set up social media syndication - or automating the process of distributing your content across multiple platforms.

I recommend starting with the basics: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest.

Go ahead and set up your pages and accounts for these sites, even if you do not plan on spending much time managing them. You may be surprised in the future, so I recommend setting them all up just in case.

Methods of Automating Social Media Marketing
    • BufferApp - Free to people just getting started, with more advanced plans for people who do a lot of social media marketing.
    • Social Networks Autoposter - Free to people who are only sharing to 1 account per platform. Paid version for multiple accounts.
    I would go into more detail on this, but this should be pretty self-explanatory, and this thread is aimed more towards Facebook marketing.

Step Two - Spreading Content on Facebook
    Okay, so you've got your content out on multiple platforms, reaching that many different audiences. Now you need to gain followers. I will explain to you how I gain followers from the posts on my Facebook pages.

1. Join many large Facebook groups with your target audience. When I was running a spiritual/meditation blog, I would join groups with "meditation" or "enlightenment" in the title. I recommend joining groups with more than 10,000 members. This way you spend less time reaching more people.
    2. Share your blog posts/articles, products or marketing images to these groups. One-by-one go through and share from your page. (Share->Share...->Share to group)
    3. Keep repeating this, but keep a good timing between shares. Quite often I would go through sharing to a bunch of groups too fast, and Facebook would disable my sharing ability temporarily.
    Doing this persistently is sure to add followers to your Facebook page, and visitors to your website.

Step Three - Boost That Post!
    Now you have spent a great deal of time spreading your content to groups, but you may notice that it takes a while to gain a follower base. You can be proactive, and use the work you have done sharing to these groups to see which posts perform the best with the audience you are reaching.

I recommend taking your highest performing posts, and trying out a $5 ad. I have had cases where a $5 ad produced less than 10 engagements, and I have had cases where the same cost, produced over 500 engagements. It all depends on how your audience views the post.

Contrary to popular belief, you do not need to spend any money on advertising or promotion. If you take just the first two steps, you are sure to gain a follower base as long as your content is unique and genuine.

Thanks.

WareBehr, Jun 23, 2017 IP
  2. VacationCrasher

VacationCrasher Member

Best Answers:
    Step 1 is wrong. It's a well known secret that FB suppresses reach of posts made through apps because they want hands on engagement, not absentee landlords.
    ^^^this is where you lost credibility

Step 2 is misguided. Don't just spam groups or people hide your posts and you're just wasting your time. Be active in the groups (commenting, posting outside stuff, etc) and post your content no more than 2-3 times per week. Don't be a dick, basically.

Step 3 is literally the dumbest thing you can do on Facebook. "Boosted Posts" are the least effective use of advertising money on the web. Instead, learn how to use the tools FB has to effectively target people who are interested.

Thanks for your tutorial on how not to Facebook.

VacationCrasher, Jun 25, 2017 IP
  3. WareBehr

WareBehr Active Member

Best Answers:
    First of all, you are a rude, arrogant, asshole.

Secondly, I have proven this concept multiple times. You are just too stupid or incompetent to understand how to make it effective. Probably with all your negativity.

WareBehr, Jun 26, 2017 IP
  4. VacationCrasher

VacationCrasher Member

Best Answers:
    You're right. I am a rude, arrogant asshole.

I'm also correct in everything I said to you. I'm glad you've "proved this concept". Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

It's not that I'm too stupid or incompetent to understand... it's that you're just plain wrong. It's cute, you've gotten some basic concepts close to being right so I'm sure you're able to eek out some profit. I just don't go for eeking out profit.

Do you own testing. Post things with and without Buffer or other bullshit. If you go apples to apples, direct posts always win. That's how far off your advice is.

But, rock out with your cock out and do your own thing. I'll keep cashing my checks.

VacationCrasher, Jun 26, 2017 IP