1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Using Excel VBA to retrieve and Update Google Spreadsheet

Discussion in 'Google API' started by anthonyrr, Oct 21, 2009.

Guys need help with linking Google spreadsheet with excel.
    Basically i want to get google shared spreadsheet into excel using VBA and then update the doc and save back to google spreasheet using Excel VBA alone.
    How do I do this. Can you please provide a sample?

Really appreciate you help. I have been trying the .NET code in the api sample code but going nowhere. It does not work with VS2008. even if i get it to work i dont know how this fits into VBA. I use VBA alot but am still a novice. Please do help

anthonyrr, Oct 21, 2009 IP
  2. sava_here

sava_here Peon

Best Answers:
    You can use VBA to retrieve and Update Google Spreadsheet via GSpread.NET.
    It opensource library works with Google Sheets by using Microsoft Excel API.
    Use CreateObject(GSpreadCOM.Application) instead of CreateObject(Excel.Application).
    see examples: http://scand.com/products/gspread/tutorial.html

sava_here, Jun 27, 2016 IP
  3. Alltags.io

Alltags.io Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi Anthony,
    What exactly are you trying to accomplish here?
    I'm a marketeer not a developer, so my solution to a similar problem may be unnecessarily complicated. However:
    We had a user refreshing a local, on-premise spreadsheet with data from a sales cube that wouldn't load off-premise. I made a VBA macro that, when the sheet was refreshed and saved, saved a copy to a network folder accessible via FTP. I used MS Flow/Power Automate to look for any files updated in that folder, it would grab the file contents, and save it to Google Drive as a Google Sheet.
    In this particular case, we had to convert the Sheet to CSV using Apps Script, but it would probably be possible as well to save any changes back to the FTP like in your case.
    Again, it all depends on what exactly you're trying to accomplish, but even for non-developers, it's pretty easy to build a work-around these days.

Safe!

Alltags.io, Apr 1, 2020 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    He probably can't remember.

upload_2020-4-2_13-21-51.png

sarahk, Apr 1, 2020 IP
  5. Alltags.io

Alltags.io Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    ... yeah, probably.
    And here I was thinking I saw this post in the "New posts" section. Nevermind :)

Alltags.io, Apr 1, 2020 IP