1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Using Drupal Login For Another Script

Discussion in 'Drupal' started by Grit., Feb 3, 2013.

So I have recently began developing Android applications, and decided to move away from Wordpress, and try Drupal for my community. This has done wonders, but I am just beginning to head towards social aspects within my games. I would like to allow the users from the community, to use the central login from my drupal installation, across all of their games, allowing for nicknames etc, to remain theirs.

Are there any modules, or easy API's that would enable me to allow such a thing, aswell as being able to interact with the drupal installation, and change fields such as when the user was last online or which game they were last playing?

Many thanks in advance

Grit., Feb 3, 2013 IP
  2. ahost

ahost Active Member

Best Answers:
    There're plenty of Drupal external auth modules or "bridges" which might be taken as a sample. But anyway you need to create your own module for this. There are also code snippets like this on the net: http://www.darrenmothersele.com/content/using-external-data-source-drupal-user-authentication-and-login (as this post is back to 2008 it seems to be for Drupal version 5 or 6 though).

ahost, Feb 11, 2013 IP
  3. duckz

duckz Active Member

Best Answers:
    Have you try using service module? I believe it will serve your purposes

duckz, Feb 16, 2013 IP
    Grit. likes this.
  4. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:

Will all the scripts be on the same domain or do you want to login across different domains (but they are all yours - drupal on one, different scripts on the others)?

ryan_uk, Feb 16, 2013 IP
  5. Grit.

Grit. Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well they will all be on the same domain, but within different directories. Eventually, I will want them on another IP or domain, since I will want to decrease the risk of it being stumbled accross and misused by some users

Grit., Feb 25, 2013 IP
  6. ryan_uk

Best Answers:
    ryan_uk, Feb 25, 2013 IP
    Grit. likes this.
  7. Grit.

Grit. Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm not after multisite, though I appreciate all the suggestions. Perhaps I was a little vague. I am looking for methods in which to interact with the site using Java or something similar. Examples of what I want to achieve are:
    1) Testing for authentic logins (using the drupal membership system already in place)
    2) Submitting scores etc, to custom tables
    3) Adding / Deducting from the userpoints
    4) Updating users last played field (custom profile field, only accessed by the server/games)

I hope this helps in directing your assistance, and once again, it is appreciated. I am still fairly new to Drupal

Grit., Feb 26, 2013 IP
  8. ryan_uk

Best Answers:
    duckz was spot on then - the services module will provide exactly what you require.

ryan_uk, Feb 26, 2013 IP
    Grit. likes this.
  9. Grit.

Grit. Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I shall look further into it. Thanks for your help :D

Grit., Feb 27, 2013 IP