1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Using DoubleClick for Publishers to manage Commission Junction

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by tornari, May 23, 2011.

Hello everyone I'm new and looking forwards to getting to know you all.

I have a video sharing site based on a CMS called ClipShare. It is not the most user-friendly system in the World, but after a few months and many sleepless nights I am getting on top of it.

One of its most useful features is that easy implementation of Advertising code to appear in specific boxes throughout the site.

Over the last few weeks I have signed up to a number of different Affiliate schemes on CJ and for those who accepted me I have created seperate ads to appear on my site.

Currently ads appear at random within their specified boxes.

One of the problems I am now encountering is that some ad schemes are specifically targeted to the US market, whilst others to the UK & Europe.

Looking into ways of better managing these ads and trying to find a way to serve the relevant ads to the correct geographic location, I started to read about DoubleClick for Publishers.

Now this seems to allow you to create an inventory of all your ads, which you specify to appear in specific areas of the site, and then it decides which ads to serve based on pre-defined criteria that you supply.

In theory, this is perfect, so I am trying to figure out the interface and see how I can make it work for me.

So for example, I run a travel website. On my homepage I have a 300x250 block. For users from the USA I wish to show my Expedia Affiliate ads, for visitors from the UK I wish to show Opodo and for anyone else Google AdSense.

I'm sure I am going to figure it out, but I am reaching out to anyone who has got something similar working on their site, so that I can have some help getting this set-up.

tornari, May 23, 2011 IP