1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Using DigitalPoints search.php script

Discussion in 'Products & Tools' started by undy30, Oct 15, 2004.

I recently downloaded the search.php file (actually a few files to make it work) and put it on my website. It will not search for me, it gives the message of no documents found.

I put in my API key, I put in my site, and nothing. I can put in a site like cnn.com and it finds a bunch. So I know it works. But I try my sites and a few other small ones and it doesn't work. Do I need to be in google's index first?
    I sent my URL for them to add but they have yet to add it.

I have two versions of the search tool i got from digitalpoint. The PHP version and the version that runs from their server (or googles, im not sure). Neither work. I know the second one needs to be indexed first.

Help is appreciated. Thanks.

undy30, Oct 15, 2004 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Yes, you would need to be in Google's index before it's able to return any results.

digitalpoint, Oct 15, 2004 IP
  3. undy30

undy30 Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok thanks. I thought so but wasn't sure if it said that on the webpage. About how long does it take to get in the index?
    I know its random but when I used to add webpages to search engines in the day it would take 3 days or so. It's already been two, thought google, being an awesome service, would be faster.

undy30, Oct 15, 2004 IP
  4. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    The more links you have to your pages, the faster it will be indexed.

digitalpoint, Oct 15, 2004 IP