1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

using clickbank question: tracking id

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by tmikuckis, Jun 10, 2007.

I find some of the directions for using a clickbank account very confusing on the clickbank website. I do not understand what a tracking id is for, how to get one (make one), and how to use it,

thanks,

tmikuckis, Jun 10, 2007 IP
  2. ziffgone

ziffgone Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi tmikuckis,

The ClickBank Tracking ID is an excellent tool, it allows you to track which affiliate campaigns of your's are working and which ones are not.

For example, let's say you wish to place your ClickBank affiliate link for a specific product on two different article sites. Here are the steps to create to Hoplinks with tracking:

1. - You would go into the ClickBank Marketplace - https://www.clickbank.com/marketplace.htm - and select which product you are going to promote.

2. - Click on the "Create Hoplink" link under the product's description.

3. - Enter your ClickBank Nickname in the "ClickBank NickName" field.

4. - Now, let's say the first article site is "www.articlesite1.com", you could enter "articlesite1" in the "Tracking ID" field.

5. - Hit the submit button to get your special hoplink to use on the first article site.

6. - Now repeat the steps for the next article site, "www.articlesite2.com" and use "articlesite2" as the Tracking ID.

Once done, you can submit your articles to the two article sites using the different hoplinks. And now, when each of these hoplinks start getting sales, you'll be able to log into your ClickBank Account and see in your reports which link is performing better because your report will show that the hoplink with TID of "articlesite2" is getting 20 sales to every one sale from TID "articlesite1". This allows you to determine whether or not the first affiliate link is worth keeping or not.

This kind of tracking is excellent when using PPC programs because it can quickly let you know if you should ditch a certain campaign because it's not profitable.

Hope this helps. :)

Regards,
    Perry Wolf.

ziffgone, Jun 11, 2007 IP
    cpanel likes this.
  3. tmikuckis

tmikuckis Active Member

Best Answers:
    thankyou very much I think you answered all my questions, except where in your account will you which of your websites are performing(via tracking id)

tmikuckis, Jun 11, 2007 IP
  4. ziffgone

ziffgone Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi tmikuckis,

You'd log into your ClickBank account, click on the Reporting tab, then on "Analytics", and under the "Affiliate Reporting, choose "Tracking Codes" and the time-frame you wish to view, then click "Go". That's it.

Perry.

ziffgone, Jun 11, 2007 IP
  5. farhajr

farhajr Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    How will u be able to view the tracking ids of the page and some view..anyscreen shots..a good explaination

farhajr, Nov 4, 2009 IP
  6. smile633

smile633 Peon

Best Answers:
    I see, that's how you do it! Thanks a lot for sharing!

smile633, Nov 5, 2009 IP
  7. evelinawilliams007

evelinawilliams007 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Why do people tend to make things so complicated all the time? /

A TID = tracking ID has one single purpose: to track your traffic/hops/conversions using multiple IDs.

Say you were to run a campaign on adwords and one on search marketing then you would surely want to know which one is more profitable (just an example) TIDs can be used anywhere you like on your website/blog, PPC campaigns, email campaigns, forums etc.

Al.

evelinawilliams007, Nov 6, 2009 IP
  8. farhajr

Best Answers:
    If i want to see how many visitors clicked the Clickbank Link...and moved on the page but did not go to the order page..how can I know that..please anyone some details..

farhajr, Nov 6, 2009 IP
  9. evelinawilliams007

evelinawilliams007 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    That's simple ..

You aren't that good at math are you?

The number of visitors to your landing page = The total number of hops - the number of order form impression counts.

Why would you want to know that anyway.. it's more important to know the number of people that actually went to the order page.

Al.

evelinawilliams007, Nov 6, 2009 IP
  10. farhajr

Best Answers:
    @precious 007..can u please tell me how to integrate google analytics with clickbank goals a little bit in detail....i m waitng for your reply right now..

farhajr, Nov 7, 2009 IP
  11. yotamshochat

yotamshochat Peon

Best Answers:
    hey guys,
    how do i use tracking 202, is that instead or additional to the tracking id you talked about here?
    tnx :)

yotamshochat, Nov 16, 2009 IP
  12. GeorgR.

GeorgR. Peon

Best Answers:
    a tracking ID can be anything, its a unique parameter you can append to a clickbank link to help YOU to identify where your traffic/sales come from.

Eg. you have a link like yourid.vendor.hop.clickbank.net&TID=adwords

You just appended a tracking id to this link, in this case "adwords". Now, the beauty of this is that clickbank stats show you this tracking ID, so if you have multiple sites and ways you would use different tracking IDs.
    On the clickbank stats page then you can see exactly where most sales come from since you see the ID.

This is useful if you use various methods of promoting, like a nr. of article directories, web sites, PPC etc..etc...

GeorgR., Nov 17, 2009 IP
  13. yotamshochat

yotamshochat Peon

Best Answers:
    tnx man,
    so why was i suggested to use a third party site - tracking 202 - in order to track my hoplinks? or it is completely something else?...

yotamshochat, Nov 17, 2009 IP
  14. videomike

videomike Peon

Best Answers:
    I want to add a little more to the Tracking ID topic:
    There is a commercial wordpress plugin now that allows you to create a TID for every keyword a visitor of your site used to find your site. This allows you to track which seach keywords actually lead to sales very conveniently.
    It can be found over here: http://wptidgenerator.com
    I personally use it and found out that for one of my affilate sites I was making most of my sales with a keyword that was currently on the upper half of page two on the google SERPs, I am currently working on that keyword now and I am pretty sure it will give me a great boost in affiliate sales!

Mike

videomike, Jan 24, 2010 IP