1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Using Awstats, what SE do people come from for each term?

Discussion in 'Traffic Analysis' started by AfterHim.com, May 24, 2005.

Is there a way using awstats or webalizer to find out what term people use to find my site broken down by search engine?

I am starting to get some traffic from google, but it isn't for any of the terms I track, and I want to figure out what terms google has me ranked for.

Thanks,

Brandon

AfterHim.com, May 24, 2005 IP
  2. renoir

renoir Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    click on the keyword phrases tab - this will show hits by keyword phrase

renoir, May 24, 2005 IP
  3. bigdoug

bigdoug Peon

Best Answers:
    1) Search Keyphrases
    2) Links from an external page (other web sites except search engines) Full list

Notice number (2) click on the "full list" to see where your links are coming from.

For Google: Just type in your url without the www. or the domain ext.
    Example: instead of www .mysite .com Just type in mysite in the G search box. This will give you a good idea of where your links are coming from.

D

bigdoug, May 24, 2005 IP
  4. ziandra

ziandra Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can see what search terms were used to find your site in awstats if you are using a combined logfile format. You will not see it if you are using a common log file format. You have to have the proper log file format set in both your apache configuration file and your awstats configuration file.

There is no way that I know with awstats to tell which search engine used which search term. I.E. You awstats won't show you that google sent you a visitor on term "blahity blah" and yahoo sent you a visitor on therm "boobidly blah". It will only count the number of times you were sent a visitor off each search term.

ziandra, May 27, 2005 IP
  5. J.D.

J.D. Peon

Best Answers:
    Webalizer does this. You may need to adjust parameter name for queries. I use this list:

SearchEngine netscape.com query
    SearchEngine lycos.com query
    SearchEngine google. q
    SearchEngine yahoo.com p
    SearchEngine altavista.com q
    SearchEngine hotbot.com query
    SearchEngine msn.com q
    SearchEngine eureka.com q

Make sure you have referrers logged, though - some hosting companies don't have this enabled.

J.D.

J.D., May 27, 2005 IP