1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Using apache to block bandwith to unknown ip range

Discussion in 'Apache' started by fbenites, Jul 30, 2005.

Hi. I have this problem: I would like apache to let users from an ip range to have normal access to apache and to the rest of the ip´s to have limited bandwidth (like some 5mb per day per ip). Is there a way to make apache doing this?

Thanks in advance :D

fbenites, Jul 30, 2005 IP
  2. forkqueue

forkqueue Guest

Best Answers:
    Sounds like a job for mod_throttle to me, at least if you're running Apache 1.3.

For Apache 2, there's bw_mod, a port of mod_bandwidth.

I've never had cause to use this though, as I generally do bandwidth shaping with tc - there's a howto for Apache, of there's the good old lartc site. tc is a bit difficult to get your head around at first, but once you're used to it it's extremely powerful.

forkqueue, Jul 30, 2005 IP
  3. fbenites

fbenites Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh yes. I´ve found about this mods when doing some search in the web before, but I´m running apache in windows and I didn´t see how to make this mods work in windows enviroment (and it´s not that I´m happy with it, but I need to run it for some other reasons). I would be somewhat satified with general bandwith control (to limit to some kb/s or some Mb/day).

Thanks for your reply.

fbenites, Jul 31, 2005 IP