1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Using an html form instead of an email address on your site

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by ginostylz, Nov 28, 2004.

I want to create an html form for my site rather than displaying different email address on every page. The customer always uses the wrong one for the job which delays our response time.
    I was hoping there is a way to have a drop down box with contact sales, webmaster, tech, order status, or other specific help. And depending the otion the customer chooses a different email address in our company gets the email.

Does anyone know how to set something like this up? I did a quick search and didn't know the right keywords to find help.

ginostylz, Nov 28, 2004 IP
  2. Smyrl

Smyrl Tomato Republic Staff

Best Answers:
    I have not attempted to do what you propose but suggest something other than an html form. We used one of those for contest entry and people using AOL could not post. Big brother AOL is always watching out for you. ;-)

Shannon

Smyrl, Nov 28, 2004 IP
  3. disgust

disgust Guest

Best Answers:
    you could do that with php pretty easily. try googling for php email tutorials or something along those lines.

disgust, Nov 28, 2004 IP
  4. eduardomaio

eduardomaio Peon

Best Answers:
    This is actually quite simple using Jack's formmail.php... After that just use this type of code...

<select name="email">
    <option value="tech@yourdomain.com">Tech</option>
    <option value="billing@yourdomain.com">Billing</option>
    <option value="yada.yada@yourdomain.com">Yada Yada</option>
    </select>
    Code (markup):
    If you use asp or something you have scripts to do this too...

eduardomaio, Nov 28, 2004 IP
  5. ginostylz

ginostylz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I just thought of a better Idea.
    I can use a drop down box to ask them what they need.
    Then use the drop down box to send them to a webpage that has a couple of frequently asked questions, a couple of webpages urls because a lot of surfers would rather email then find the content one level deep. Then an email form specific to the problem they may have.

asp or asp.net is what our shopping cart uses.

For some obvious reason customers just hit reply to one of the emails they get after they order. But seldomly the right person on our end will get the email initially.

ginostylz, Nov 28, 2004 IP
  6. lorien1973

lorien1973 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    if you want a good customer management solution, you should check out www.kayako.com . handles support tickets and lots of functions

lorien1973, Nov 28, 2004 IP