1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

using amazon links on the same page as other book store links

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by sapphire, Apr 18, 2006.

Can I have affiliate links for Amazon and Barnes & Noble on the same page? I couldn't see anything about it in the TOS, but wanted to check first.

thanks

sapphire, Apr 18, 2006 IP
  2. Bonsai_Ryan

Bonsai_Ryan Peon

Best Answers:
    That's a good question, I was planning to do the same thing as a price comparison tool. I haven't found anything with Amazon or BN that would lead me to believe it is against TOS.

Bonsai_Ryan, Apr 18, 2006 IP
  3. dinodino

dinodino Peon

Best Answers:
    I thiks it depends on the source on information that you will be providing for the links - imagine using AWS to extract all the pertinant information, including reviews, say, for a product from Amazon.com and in the end linking the "Buy Button" to some other source, I don't think it will look ethical.

The extract quoted, from Amazon's Operating Aggrement, might be interesting to delve into;

dinodino, Apr 18, 2006 IP
  4. Bonsai_Ryan

Bonsai_Ryan Peon

Best Answers:
    Well no I wouldn't think that would be right either, but why would you do that? Why not just link to both sources and give your readers/customers a choice between their preferred retailer?

Bonsai_Ryan, Apr 18, 2006 IP
  5. sapphire

sapphire Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the replies.

I didn't mean that I wanted to use info from one site together with a link to the other (I agree that would be unethical!) - I meant, as Bonsai Ryan suggests, to have two completely separate links on the page, one to each site.

I don't use Amazon reviews or other info - for each book on my site I write my own reviews & product info, and then just provide an Amazon link at the bottom of the page. I was just wondering if I could have B&N link next to it, to give the buyer a choice. Maybe I'll check with Amazon to be on the safe side! :)

sapphire, Apr 19, 2006 IP
  6. Obelia

Obelia Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Amazon is okay with you having other advertisers' links. I don't use B&N, though, so I can't say anything about their terms.

Obelia, Apr 21, 2006 IP