1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Using Adwords without being a business

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by MrGravyCakes, Feb 13, 2018.

If I wnated to setup a website that does not make money, purely for fun, how would I run ads for it without registering as a business?

When i try to pay for ads with Google, they say I need to work out my own tax as I am a business, when I am not. How can individuals just run ads for their website to gain traffic without worrying about working out their VAT? Happy to pay for VAT but just want it added on automatically liek with most payments.

MrGravyCakes, Feb 13, 2018 IP
  2. Lucid Web Marketing

Lucid Web Marketing Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You don't need to be a business to use Adwords. You can promote any kind of site, whether it's to make money or not. It doesn't even have to be a site you own for that matter.

As for paying taxes on ad clicks, never heard of that but there could be different rules in different countries. I'm not aware of Google charging any tax although it could show up on your credit card on top of the click charges. I'm not privy to my clients' credit cards so I can't confirm this. You use the term VAT so I assume you are in the UK or EU so laws may be different there. I'm not aware of the message you talk about.

Lucid Web Marketing, Feb 13, 2018 IP
  3. devjeetsingh

devjeetsingh Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Adwords tax policy varies country to country. Google Adwords charges 18% GST on total spend here in India and you need to register your GST number with Adwords in order to get GST benefits.

devjeetsingh, Feb 23, 2018 IP
  4. kingofdollars

kingofdollars Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well, in Thailand I just use credit card to buy credits and run ads. It doesn't say anything about Tax.

kingofdollars, Mar 3, 2018 IP
  5. selva787

selva787 Active Member

Best Answers:
    hi

selva787, Mar 10, 2018 IP
  6. Satya Joshi

Satya Joshi Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm planning to use for Affiliate Products, will it be good to use for Affiliate Products promotion?
    Product: Watch

Suggest please;

Satya Joshi, Apr 26, 2018 IP
  7. AlphaNine_Vini

AlphaNine_Vini Active Member

Best Answers:
    I guess thats true on prepaid account you wont be asked for Tax information.

AlphaNine_Vini, Apr 30, 2018 IP
  8. Samantha Williams

Samantha Williams Peon

Best Answers:
    Will it let you bypass the VAT? Are you wanting to run ads on your website or just get people to visit? You may have more success running ads on social media, or having family members post about your website free.

Samantha Williams, Jan 31, 2019 IP
  9. Dušan Retelj

Dušan Retelj Peon

Best Answers:
    Regarding taxes - the thing is prety much straightforward.

I am from small country in European Europe, and I am getting Invoice from Google Ireland, which is also in EU.
    And on the last line of invoice it is clearly stated, that you need to pay the tax in your own country.

I dont see a plausible reason that there would be any exepctions in other country.

If Google doesnt have registred headquarters in your country, than you will need to pay a tax on you spent on AdWords.
    Check and read your invoices.

Dušan Retelj, Feb 7, 2019 IP