1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Using Adwords to drive traffic for AdSense

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by Mia, Dec 4, 2004.

Are others using Adwords to drive traffic to Adsense rich content site? If so, does this help/hurt increase/decrease revenues? Experiences?

Thanx.

Mia, Dec 4, 2004 IP
  2. caroline

caroline Peon

Best Answers:
    I am not doing that, but in order for it to work, you'd have to target really low paying kws and get high paying kws in return. It would be hard to break even though, because say, you pay 5$ for 100 visitors and 5 of them click a 0.50$ ad. You'd still lose money, and I am talking about a high ctr and a high cpc here.

caroline, Dec 4, 2004 IP
  3. mudnik

mudnik Peon

Best Answers:
    yeah..most likely you will lose money initially. But if your site has good content and the users come back often, then it might be worth it.

mudnik, Dec 6, 2004 IP
  4. melfan

melfan Peon

Best Answers:
    Im not doing that. instead I use low cost PPC campaign such as AllFeeds, SearchFeed and 7Search.

melfan, Dec 6, 2004 IP
  5. cgo85

cgo85 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah... that idea wouldn't work to well. I would look into what Melfan is talking about though. Some of those engines are hit and miss. I remember I tried Kanoodle I think and they sent me like $40 worth of $.02 ppc visits in a day. Conversion rate of 0%. Good thing it was a free trial. How is that working for you though Melfan?

cgo85, Dec 7, 2004 IP
  6. compar

compar Peon

Best Answers:
    I'd like to see your ROI calculation. I find the conversion rate from cheap PPC vendors so bad that I doubt you would ever get enough AdSense click throughs to make it pay.

I recently bought $1,000 worth of cheap PPC ads to my Online Pharmacy site. This site converts very well with people coming from generic search. I certainly received the traffic from the PPC ads, but my sales didn't increase at all. In fact for the two or three days the PPC ads ran sales were actually lower than usual.

compar, Dec 7, 2004 IP
  7. JonahViaKeyboard

JonahViaKeyboard Peon

Best Answers:
    Use this formula: If (Effective CPM / 1000) > .05 then you could bid the minimum on AdWords. It's pretty rare that ever happens.

JonahViaKeyboard, Dec 18, 2004 IP
  8. Extranet Guy

Extranet Guy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've also found the traffic from the "lesser" PPC sites to be horrible quality. They don't seem to be the same audience at all that goes to Google.

Extranet Guy, Dec 19, 2004 IP