1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Using a Wrapper with WordPress

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by internetmarketingiq, Aug 8, 2010.

First off I have searched and read nearly every post on WordPress.org regarding this issue and there are no solutions offered. With Joomla this is very simple. click click... done.

I am trying to incorporate a simple wrapper from the WordPress Navigation menu. From POSTS CATEGORY not PAGES.

The intent is to click on the Category and have an external page load within the WordPress Template.

Iframe is not a solution because when you click the Category Button you get a listing of pages within that category requiring a second click to open the page. Then you would also need to modify the template to remove POST sidebars.

I just want a user to click on the Category and have the external page load.

Has anyone come across a simple solution for integrating external pages into Navigation Menus with WordPress?

internetmarketingiq, Aug 8, 2010 IP
  2. DawnBaby

DawnBaby Peon

Best Answers:
    I have seen a plugin that works like this for menu's but not sure if it would work for categories...

DawnBaby, Aug 9, 2010 IP
  3. rahulsonar

rahulsonar Peon

Best Answers:
    For now, you can modify the category.php file of your theme, use is_category('ID') and then include appropriate external URL.

rahulsonar, Aug 9, 2010 IP