1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Using a new CMS

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by Davilac, Jan 12, 2006.

Hi,

I'm starting a new website, and I need a CMS. I know very well WordPress, but it's not enough to make it a portal. So I have been searching a little. Lately I have heared too much about Joomla, which looks fine. Anybody can tell me about security issues, and what they think about Joomla?

Davilac, Jan 12, 2006 IP
  2. Shoemoney

Shoemoney $

Best Answers:
    drupal is a really nice cms

Shoemoney, Jan 12, 2006 IP
  3. Cheyne

Cheyne Peon

Best Answers:
    I hear nothing but good things about Mambo. And regarding wordpress, your correct it's not approprite for a portal.

Cheyne, Jan 16, 2006 IP
  4. vanessa

vanessa Peon

Best Answers:
    I would recommend you make a list of site features, then go to openSourceCMS.com to check out the different CMS systems. Go down your checklist and see which one meets your needs.

I would also like to recommend checking out PostNuke if you are interested in security since it is very security concious -- i.e., paying close attention and supporting the software with immediate announcements and updates whenever problems are discovered.

vanessa, Jan 18, 2006 IP