1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Using a domain hack or the actual name .com?

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by hitboy, Jan 27, 2016.

This is an example but should I use:

market.link

or

marketlink.com

This would be from a branding perspective and I own both domain names so I can use either one.

Tell me your opinion please!

hitboy, Jan 27, 2016 IP
  2. newbiecom

newbiecom Peon

Best Answers:
    .com is the king.

Tell your mom or dad the xxxxx.link domain and ask them 2 days later about the name and they will tell you xxxxx.com

newbiecom, Feb 1, 2016 IP
  3. mikebarbaro

mikebarbaro Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    While this is true the new TLDs are going to become much more popular in a year or two. I would simply forward the .com to the .link and utilize both but start branding around .link.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2016
    mikebarbaro, Feb 1, 2016 IP
  4. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It's the same name... the same letters...however you are considering dropping the 3 most important letters that 100% of the world associates with the internet and a domain name........ MarketLink.com for the win! You can use market.link but I wouldn't dare put it on a billboard because for most people it doesn't look like a domain. You might have people type in market.link.com. I also like mikebarbaro's idea with forwarding the .com to the .link. However, will Search Engines treat a .link with less importance? (I personally don't know.)

NetStar, Feb 6, 2016 IP