1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Using $10-$20 Partner Calls to make money on the net with Associated Content articles

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by Ducati1198, Sep 10, 2009.

This is a heads up to any of you that have dabbled with Associated Content articles, but may not have known about the higher earning Partner Call articles at their site.

As you may or may not know, part of Associated Content's pay system includes building your clout level through page views to your Associated Content articles. By promoting the views to your published work, your clout level rises accordingly. Now that my account has a higher clout level, I've been getting offered these higher paying partner assignments.

AC has partnerships with sites like Reuters.com, so when Reuters needs certain material written they will send the request to AC to have the articles done by Associated Content writers themselves. They give me 24 hours to finish each 400 word article assignment and pay $10-$20 each.

I thought I'd let some of you know in case you're between projects, or weren't familiar with this other way they pay you at AC's site.

If you're active at AC, what time of day are you getting them offered in their Assignment Desk box? I got one yesterday at 1pm pst, but my niece who also does it got hers at 10:30 am pst. :rolleyes:

Thanks

Last edited: Sep 10, 2009
    Ducati1198, Sep 10, 2009 IP
  2. CyborgCrook

CyborgCrook Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, If you make regular contributions to AC you will get some worthwhile offers. But it would take some time to reach that level though.

CyborgCrook, Sep 10, 2009 IP
  3. YMC

YMC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    $10-20 for Reuters? What's AC's cut on that? Do you at least get a byline?

YMC, Sep 10, 2009 IP
  4. Ducati1198

Ducati1198 Peon

Best Answers:
    @ Cyborg - Actually it didn't take long at all. By using Onlywire to automate the Social Bookmarking/Networking of my articles, I was at a clout level 6 within three weeks. At clout level 5 I started getting offered Partner Calls.

@ YMC- Yea, you get a byline in every article. As far as AC's cut, I couldn't tell you.

What's nice is that they're only 400 words, so you can knock them out in 30-45 minutes each including proofreading and editing.

What part of NC are you from btw? I have family in Kannapolis and just got back from there.

Anyone know the answer to the timeframe mystery I posted about? There's nothing listed in their TOS or submission guidelines about it.

Thanks

Last edited: Sep 10, 2009
    Ducati1198, Sep 10, 2009 IP
  5. Zabrina

Zabrina Peon

Best Answers:
    $10-$20 after building up a reputation still isn't that much. I'm glad you're getting paid a little more, but please consider looking at private clients or sites like Constant Content and value your work properly. You're obviously a quality writer, and seem like you could make it on CC. I won't repeat what I've already said here, but I really hope you place a higher pricetag on your work! $40 for a 400-word article is pretty typical at sites like CC, and if you find private clients, you can get up to $200 or more for that much writing.

It's easier to make a living by writing a few fantastic articles and charging a lot than writing many good articles and charging a little.

Zabrina, Sep 11, 2009 IP
  6. Ducati1198

Ducati1198 Peon

Best Answers:
    I appreciate your input Zabrina. Associated Content partner calls are just a small part of my online income. I am not a Copywriter by trade, but an Internet Marketer who runs CPA campaigns and builds scripts etc. I actually outsource the writing for Associated Content as well as Constant Content. I just wanted to post up about this in case others weren't familiar with partner calls as an option for online earning.

Ducati1198, Sep 11, 2009 IP
  7. Gwen78

Gwen78 Peon

Best Answers:
    I've been using Associated Content also. I like it because it's guaranteed income when things are slow with my Copywriting business. I see you've been using the Ultimate Associated Content Guide too. Do you know Chris personaly?

Gwen

Gwen78, Sep 19, 2009 IP
  8. Ducati1198

Ducati1198 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Gwen,

I haven't met him in person, but I've chatted with him in messenger. He's a straight up guy (as you know from WF) and has been great with customer support. As you probably saw, I'm also am an affiliate for the his book now because the word is starting to spread about how good it is.

Btw, do you know the time frame of the Partner Calls? I'm still trying to figure out why people that live in the same timezone are getting them offered at different times.

Thanks

Ducati1198, Sep 20, 2009 IP
  9. manishak2001

manishak2001 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,

I tried Constant Content once, but they rejected my article and was wondering about it. Even though my article was accepted by Ezine, Constant Content finds it errorneous. I had written according to their guidelines and just didn't know what really went wrong. The link to the article is http://EzineArticles.com/?id=2900537t

You guys seem to be the gurus in copywriting business. Can you please advise me as to what is it that they are looking at?

Thanks

manishak2001, Sep 20, 2009 IP
  10. amarventris

amarventris Peon

Best Answers:
    I got 500 high calls emails one day last december at 4 am and missed all of them due to a snowstorm.
    And ac editors and admins ain't the most reliable.

amarventris, Sep 21, 2009 IP
  11. Ducati1198

Ducati1198 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, they can be downright flaky at times. I claimed two of them yesterday and they ended up changing the wording on one of my titles. The funny part is, they mispelled one of the words lol. Still it was $40 in my pocket for two articles so I guess I shouldn't complain.

Ducati1198, Sep 22, 2009 IP
  12. rock785

rock785 Peon

Best Answers:
    I tried at almost every hour of the day but have never been able to see such offers. May be becuase I dont have good ratings on that site.

rock785, Sep 23, 2009 IP
  13. Ducati1198

Ducati1198 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, the higher your clout level rises, the more Partner Calls they offer you.

Ducati1198, Sep 23, 2009 IP
  14. rock785

rock785 Peon

Best Answers:
    Does anyone know the minimum clout level required for Partner Call?

rock785, Sep 26, 2009 IP
  15. Ducati1198

Ducati1198 Peon

Best Answers:
    I started getting them offered at a clout level 5. Keep in mind that they also base the Partner Calls on how well rounded the topics of your regular submissions are. If you show AC that you can write on several different topics, they are more apt to offer you Partner Calls. I'm not sure what your clout level is right now, but they are currently offering a $25 payment for a "best of content" assignment. It needs to be at least 400 words long and is due in 5 days.

Ducati1198, Sep 28, 2009 IP
  16. nichelady

nichelady Member

Best Answers:
    I could never get into AC - my business partner and I are both writers. My first article to AC earned me $2 - I have a feeling SEO is definitely in play when it comes to valuing the worth of your article - am I wrong?

Either way, nice tip on the partner calls. I am still at a clout 1 - need to really crank up my writing and get out there more often! :)

Isa

nichelady, Sep 28, 2009 IP
  17. nowimhere

nowimhere Active Member

Best Answers:
    Interesting for sure!

nowimhere, Sep 29, 2009 IP
  18. Ducati1198

Ducati1198 Peon

Best Answers:

Hi Isa,

SEO comes into play with Associated Content to an extent. Having a targeted keyword in each article is very important for the higher upfront payment offers. Basically, the keyword/keyword phrase should be used at the begining of the title, used in the subtitle, used within the first 200 characters of the first paragraph, and then sprinkled throughout the remainder of the article for a 2-3% keyword density.

Because they make their money based on your article views (ads placed around the article) AC pays higher in upfront payments when keywords are being used.

Regards,

Ducati1198, Sep 29, 2009 IP
  19. shrine

shrine Peon

Best Answers:
    Been thinking of doing it myself, but still haven't got enuff time :(
    should be blast! :D

shrine, Oct 2, 2009 IP
  20. shrine

shrine Peon

Best Answers:
    Now that's useful info :)
    Also would you mind telling us how to deal with this :

By using Onlywire to automate the Social Bookmarking/Networking of my articles, I was at a clout level 6 within three weeks. At clout level 5 I started getting offered Partner Calls.

what is Onlywire? how to use it?
    Thanks

shrine, Oct 2, 2009 IP