1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

User333 is a SCAMMER - Selling links on Faked PR7 - cabf.org

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by evershawn, Sep 20, 2013.

1. User333

User333 Banned

Best Answers:
    Ooo I see it is hard to explain BS

User333, Sep 23, 2013 IP
  2. evershawn

evershawn Banned

Best Answers:
    Moral of the story here is that this guy definitely does not have a PR7 site here, maybe the domain authority and link juice of a PR3. There's clear evidence that the domain was being forwarded during the last PR update and that it was pulled off shortly after. He tries to say he did not do it, so I guess he's just the beneficiary of circumstance... how convenient right?

Bottom line, site is not a PR7, the toolbar rank was fake, he's the guy in possession of it now trying to sell links on it claiming it's a PR7 site and charging exorbitant prices for links so he's the scammer. I don't care what fantastic stories follow about how things came to be.

evershawn, Sep 24, 2013 IP
  3. User333

User333 Banned

Best Answers:
    It does have PR7! And all the tools show it.
    Capture2111.JPG Capture1121.JPG

User333, Sep 24, 2013 IP
  4. evershawn

evershawn Banned

Best Answers:
    Screenshot 1 shows: Basically what Google Toolbar shows (nice Alexa rank, 4.8 million, that's a real site with real traffic for sure. PR7 Authority site with some solid links and popularity, undisputed!).

Screenshot 2 shows: Basically what Google Toolbar shows.

No one disputes that there are some links to it (also looks like you've been working on building links, what's being said is that it's no where near a real PR7 and that part was done using a redirect PR fake) We've already given links to far more sophisticated backlink analyzing tools like: https://ahrefs.com/site-explorer/overview/subdomains/cabf.org
    This tool also shows that the domain was being redirected in Feb and shows the redirect being pulled off just after the google toolbar update. I do however like how you keep pulling away from tools that are advanced which show the domain history / authority and try to push these simple tools that basically only reflect a mirror of the toolbar rank. It really shows your inexperience.

5. User333

User333 Banned

Best Answers:
    User333, Sep 24, 2013 IP
  6. evershawn

evershawn Banned

Best Answers:
    This has all already been explained in great detail. Go re-read both threads you've been posting in if you still don't understand it. I'm not a teacher.

7. User333

User333 Banned

Best Answers:
    Answer the simple question: What site redirected to what site?

User333, Sep 24, 2013 IP
  8. evershawn

evershawn Banned

Best Answers:
    Seriously? Go read the first post of this thread, start at the 7th line down. Not sure how it could possibly be any more clear than that.

Did you not even read the original post? lol...

9. User333

User333 Banned

Best Answers:
    so yo stating that my domain was redirected to another one. Now please explain HTF PR floated backwords?
    My domain was redirecting to another to pass PR to it, not vise versa.
    Can you explain that? Or you mean if I have PR0 site and will 301 redirect to Goolge I will get PR10? U funny.

User333, Sep 24, 2013 IP
  10. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Looks like evershawn vetted this pretty well, actually.

There are a few really obvious indicators here. The huge discrepancy between alexa and the PR for starters.

Perhaps more noteworthy, the back link profile for that site is hot mess of reciprocal and otherwise entirely useless back links. I didn't see one merit based or editorial link, at all.

Someone either cared about that site at some point or the PR was artificially inflated with a bunch of crappy links.

The PR toolbar has not been updated in over 8 months, at least. There is no way in hell that site is a PR7. When the next update rolls around it will likely have PR of 2 if not lower.( and no.. I do not care what the pr toolbar says)

Nigel

Nigel Lew, Sep 24, 2013 IP
    Arick unirow likes this.
  11. evershawn

evershawn Banned

Best Answers:
    Thanks for chiming in Nigel, I'm glad we actually got someone else with some experience to comment here. Too many people are unaware of the scamming that takes place on DP with fake PR and my only mission here was to create some awareness, I have nothing to gain from this other than that.

So, along with the clear evidence that the backlinks don't add up, you can see that the domain was being forwarded in archive.org in Feb which is exactly why it reflects the PR of the site it was being forwarded to. The scammer in question claims no knowledge of how this was done, has been repeating himself and linking useless and amateur tools and playing ignorant but he's the only one with something to gain out of this whole ordeal. For someone that's in the link building business, he sure is clueless as to what a proper PR7 is, what PR faking is and keeps losing track of information that's already been explained in clear detail.

Negligently convenient, is it not? :)

12. evershawn

evershawn Banned

Best Answers:
    Here's a more lamen simple way to show the differences for the less advanced members out there. Go download SEO quake toolbar, it's a very basic tool but since it shows many aspects of what goes in to a site, it can be helpful.

Let's take the site he was copying the PR from, thebalancedmind.org which is where he had a 301 going to in Feb, see screenshot below:
    http://awesomescreenshot.com/08f1r27cbd

Then let's take his site, Cabf.org and compare, shall we?
    http://awesomescreenshot.com/0fb1r25iaa

I do a lot more dillent work than this when investigating a PR scam but this keeps it simple and obvious for the greater populous.

13. User333

User333 Banned

Best Answers:
    Answer the question.

User333, Sep 24, 2013 IP
  14. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I didn't read the beginning of this thread. Hence, I won't speculate on whether or not the fellow is a scammer, I am simply looking at the math here. I was banned for 3 months, a number of years ago for screaming at a mod for not banning a guy doing this exact thing. This sorta thing is not new.

At any rate, no more than 2 hops in any direction and pretty much anyone can flesh out something is clearly not right here. Its simply not a legit PR 7.

Nigel

15. User333

User333 Banned

Best Answers:
    You all missing the point that cabf.org is original site that passed PR to new thebalancedmind.org
    :
    chadd.org/Advocacy/Public-Policy/State-Advocacy-Toolk.aspx
    connectwithkids.com/tipsheet/2002/82_jul24/bipolar.html
    revivre.org/liens-troubles-bipolaires.php
    help4adhd.org/en/treatment/coexisting
    northernhs.org/index.php?page=online-resources
    princetonpsychiatrist.com/links
    hospitalgowns.com/links.htm
    parentsmedguide.org/pmg_depression.html
    leanonus.org/moreresources.html

Why in the hell sites like: chadd.org or help4adhd.org will link to fake site?

And about Alexa. Take a look at this site parentsmedguide.org is it legit? And look at Alexa of this site.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2013
    User333, Sep 24, 2013 IP
  16. evershawn

evershawn Banned

Best Answers:
    It was been, many times and in multiple ways. You're just being dense now.

17. User333

User333 Banned

Best Answers:
    I have proved you wrong on each of your attempts. Read the one above.

User333, Sep 24, 2013 IP
  18. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You have not proven anyone wrong, quite the contrary as a matter of fact. And yes, links like this are utterly useless http://www.northernhs.org/index.php?page=online-resources

Additionally, whatever credibility that site had at some point is long gone because of nonsense like this...

Hardening of children. How begin? All parents know that the child's temper is useful and even necessary . Hardened children get sick less , they have stronger immune system. But how to do it, when to start - at what time of the year and at what age ? Usually, children are quenched " cold " , although the common cold - acute respiratory infections ( ARI) - are caused by viruses . What's the point?

Really? Not withstanding the word salad that is that paragraph its factually a joke as well.

The only reason I can see someone would double down on your clearly erroneous position here is if you have no earthly idea what you are doing.
    Nigel

19. User333

User333 Banned

Best Answers:
    I'm not getting where you going with that Niggel?
    The links are legit, because cabf.org is original site that passed PR to new thebalancedmind.org. Do you agree with that?

User333, Sep 24, 2013 IP
  20. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    What I am stating very clearly and, in no uncertain terms is, that the site is question is not a legit PR 7, and should not be either.

Whatever value that site had is also long gone because someone turned it into pile of useless content that is not english and would not make any sense even if it was.

Hence, no one should be selling links on it because its a sham.
    I could care less what was going on earlier in this thread. The site is bullshit, period.
    Nigel