1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

User Generated Content

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by StewartCoggin, Feb 15, 2013.

Hello,

For User Generated Content to be recognised as such by the search engines, does it actually have to be entered by the user? Or can I put it up on my website, once I have had it emailed to me?

I guess the crux of the issue is - is it the method of entry or the content that is important?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Stewart

StewartCoggin, Feb 15, 2013 IP
  2. GokuDBZ

GokuDBZ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I guess it doesn't matter much. But if you have got Rich Snippets on your website then it'd be good if the content author makes the post rather than you making it. By doing that you will tell Google that there are other real persons contributing to the site (who have their Google+ profiles linked)

GokuDBZ, Feb 15, 2013 IP
  3. StewartCoggin

StewartCoggin Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks a lot Goku. Your prompt answer is appreciated. I know, in an ideal world, it is best if the user puts it up. If any one else has any theories, let me know! Thanks.

StewartCoggin, Feb 15, 2013 IP
  4. josephjohn4556

josephjohn4556 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks guys...very useful information.

josephjohn4556, Feb 15, 2013 IP