1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

user friendly - branding - questions

Discussion in 'General Business' started by sandrodz, Nov 12, 2009.

I have a feeling my site lacks a focus, this is bad for branding and users get confused. I wonder if a new user ends up on the site, what he thinks it is about, so please help me out.

I changed my site layout from personal blog type design, to more professional news agency style layout. Effectively changing focus from ME as a photorapher, to more general, Me and photography. I had this blog just to post my photos, but since I got some good SE rankings decided, along with the portfolio, to put some articles about photography, share some tips and tricks. Effectively new blog is my photo portfio and a starting point for new artists. I wonder if this dual focus makes my blog more confusing.

The problem Im facing is a high bounce rate (increased to 70% from 49% after design change!), and low pageviews decreased to around 40,000 from 50,000. Also effectively cutting my income in half.

Another problem Im facing is an user stickiness, I only get 10% returning visitors, which is very bad. Cannot get users to subscribe RSS, or e'mail. THis also could be attributed to duality of the blog, people donàt understand what I want from them, show pictures or teach.

So basically I also need help with goal formalization. TO define target audience.

Please take a look at the site in the signature and let me know what you think. (logo missing, but this is coming soon). ANd sorry for the long post. I understand its a bit of a pain to rea compared to other 1 sentece post that dominate this forum. And maybe not so easy to answer, as I raise more advanced questions.

THanks!

sandrodz, Nov 12, 2009 IP