Use Goddady nameservers

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by asteraki1976, Apr 5, 2014.

Hello

I just got a dedicated server (Centos) and i want to use the Godaddy nameservers and not my ns1.mydomain.com .....

How can i set this?

Thank you

asteraki1976, Apr 5, 2014 IP
  2. asteraki1976

asteraki1976 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think i can't use for example NS29.DOMAINCONTROL.COM on my server settings as i must have hosting also for them.... ?

asteraki1976, Apr 5, 2014 IP
  3. J Deckard

J Deckard Member

Best Answers:
    Leave your NS settings at your VPS ns1.mydomain.com / ns2.mydomain.com and if godaddy is where your domain is hosted you can set an A record there and point it to your VPS IP.

J Deckard, Apr 5, 2014 IP
  4. dini patel

dini patel Banned

Best Answers:
    You need to create an "A" record for the nameserver host "NS1" and "NS2" for the domain you will be using for your nameservers in the server and also register those same nameservers in your Go Daddy control Panel (under "Hosts) for managing your domains.

dini patel, Apr 6, 2014 IP
    Foxxy likes this.
  5. yogayog

yogayog Peon

Best Answers:
    You will have to register private Name servers and point them to dedicated server IP's. Once you register them, you can use them for the domains you host on your dedicated server.

yogayog, Apr 6, 2014 IP
  6. H0stZealot

H0stZealot Active Member

Best Answers:
    nameservers are operated by domain registrars and/or hosting providers. You should order Godaddy hosting package to use their nameservers, because if you point your domain to a nameserver that has no corresponding record - it will not work. And this record can be set only from Godaddy side. Creating Private nameservers will not do anything, as there will be no record about them on Godaddy zone files.

Therefore - you have to be Godaddy customer in order to use Godaddy nameservers... (c) Captain Obvious

Actually the company you got your server from should specify nameservers you should use.

H0stZealot, Apr 7, 2014 IP