1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

use affiliate code in URL in php

Discussion in 'PHP' started by bartlomiej, Apr 5, 2005.

I am a newbie at php, and i need some help.

I am trying to use the affiliate id in the url and then use it in the php code
    for example:
    URL: www.xyz.com?id=123

I want to use the id=123 within the php code for choosing the appropriate page or using related information stored away in an excel/csv file.

can anyone please let me know how to do this or send me to a site that explains this? thanks!

bartlomiej, Apr 5, 2005 IP
  2. nullbit

nullbit Peon

Best Answers:
    You need to clarify more, such as what the condition is for determining the correct affiliate id, and also posting the proposed format of your CSV file would be helpful.

Secondly, you would be better to store any such information in a database, instead of a CSV file.

nullbit, Apr 5, 2005 IP
  3. bartlomiej

bartlomiej Peon

Best Answers:
    i want to use the id in the url and use it in the php script, for instance, with a switch statement to generate some specific information on the page based on the id in the url.

4. nullbit

nullbit Peon

Best Answers:
    I think what you are asking, but I'm still not sure, is how to extract the id field from the current URL? If yes, then the variable you need is $_GET['id']

nullbit, Apr 5, 2005 IP
  5. bartlomiej

bartlomiej Peon

Best Answers:
    sweet! thanks!

6. Cartman

Cartman Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry to bump an old thread, but this is what I've been trying to do, but I'm not a PHP expert by any means.. I too am trying to pass a numeric in the same way:

URL: www.xyz.com/test.html?id=123

From the sounds of it, I'm using the $_GET['id'] to parse the value passed in the URL. What is the code to do this in an HTML file, and then use that variable in my code (I'm trying to launch a specific IFrame dependant on the id passed.

Thanks.

Cartman, Jun 8, 2005 IP
  7. sadcox66

sadcox66 Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    I think you should use something like .php if you want to extract id=123 easily. That does not mean you cannot add parameters to .html files - you can if your familiar with mod-write, addtype and other options.

This tutorial may give you more information

sadcox66, Jun 9, 2005 IP