1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

USA, Empire Built On Terror Capitalism and Secret Coups

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by popotalk, May 13, 2011.

1. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Since the US invaded Iraq. Bush (Father and Son)
    Bwahahaha ! Is that your rant ? Lend me your credit card and i'll ask them to change it.
    Who the flying F*ck cares if its Obama or Bush. I don't give a damn about your politics.

popotalk, Jun 10, 2011 IP
  2. ApocalypseXL

ApocalypseXL Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hey popy talc is this you ?

[​IMG]

I wonder what drive your post mania: the need for trolling or just pure lack of intelligence ?

ApocalypseXL, Jun 10, 2011 IP
  3. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Bush senior did not invade Iraq. He removed them from Kuwait. In fact, the entire Gulf War was spawned by Suddam Hussien himself. It started with his invasion of Kuwait because he refused to pay Kuwait back for the monies they loaned Iraq during the Iran/Iraq war.

If anything bankrupted Iraq, it happened long before either Bush intervened, and was the sole fault of the now deceased dictator and a decade long war with Iran.

Not a rant. I was just pointing out a fact. You've got more than one account here.

Who cares? Apparently you. You brought it up. The difference here is one was about liberating people from a terrorist regime, the other is purely politics. And its not US Politics. It's a liberal ideology hell bent on creating problems where there are none.

You're a pretty hateful American popo...

Mia, Jun 10, 2011 IP
  4. The Webby

The Webby Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, though I'm not the one who hates USA no matter what, Infact I don't hate it at all. I would have to point out that Allied forces would have a very hard time defeating Nazi Germany, if USSR wasn't involved. USA defeated Japan, sure. But USSR played the major part in defeating Germany. You may choose to ignore that and steal all the glory, but can't change the truth, I'm afraid.

The Webby, Jun 11, 2011 IP
  5. Breeze Wood

Breeze Wood Peon

Best Answers:

It started with his invasion of Kuwait because he refused to pay Kuwait back for the monies they loaned Iraq during the Iran/Iraq war.

Boy, that's a new one - and France never paid back America after WWII - Mia, did you forget their spilled blood has meaning as well? Republican, $$$$$ is all that maters.

Or, Iran had no thoughts for Kuwait, Iraqi was just plenty for them - Kuwait just wanted to help Saddam as big brother.....

Saddam wasn't after the 19th province and a port on the Arabian Sea - or Kuwait was a province of Iraqi before the British.

ETC ETC ETC

Mia....(Hint) your politics may have been the subject matter, not the American.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2011
    Breeze Wood, Jun 11, 2011 IP
  6. wekop

wekop Peon

Best Answers:
    as a Super Power nation, USA have a system in carrying out development which other countries can not imitate.

wekop, Jun 11, 2011 IP
  7. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    That's a new one? Seriously?

That's exactly how/why the war started kid.
    Kuwait loaned Saddam billions over the 10 year war with Iran.
    After the war ended Kuwait called the note.
    Rather than pay his debt, he invaded the country.

That's it, that's all.. Iraq owed Kuwait money. Iraq did not want to pay.

Pretty silly how wars get started.

Its not a "new one" breeze.. Its history.

Mia, Jun 13, 2011 IP
  8. Breeze Wood

Breeze Wood Peon

Best Answers:

Well, irregardless Kuwait is doing just fine at present. Not mentioning any debt issues lately......

Breeze Wood, Jun 13, 2011 IP
  9. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Kuwait was always doing fine. They just wanted to be paid back. Can't blame them for that.

FYI, wiki queen slant drilling was only a small part of the equation. Saddam truly believed that Kuwait should forgive the debt since he believed he was protecting Kuwait from Iran. He was also annoyed that Kuwait was continually flooding the market with oil in order to keep prices down. Doing so hurt Iraq's income - or so Saddam felt. Saddam as much as flat old told April Catherine Glaspie his invasion plans.

Breeze, some of us were alive when all this went down. We remember the facts as they happened, not as you've attempted to re-write them.

I made my living helping build special vehicles to put out fires in the oil fields. Years later I find it amazing to think we had orders for the vehicles before a single fire was lit. Everyone knew what he was up to.

Mia, Jun 13, 2011 IP
  10. Breeze Wood

Breeze Wood Peon

Best Answers:

In that case Mia, Kuwait should have no problem compensating the US for liberating them, and as you would have it reissue the note to Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki. It might compensate for your reticence towards France not paying for their Liberation after WWII to the US as the real reason for a war.

Breeze Wood, Jun 13, 2011 IP
  11. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Kuwait and the Saudi's did compensate us. Why do you think we were there in the first place. ;)

What's your problem with France anyway? I've never expressed any opinion that topic. Neither has anything to do with the other.

Mia, Jun 14, 2011 IP
  12. Breeze Wood

Breeze Wood Peon

Best Answers:

Iraqi has paid the Compensations.

If you are going back to the Iraqi-Iran war, Iraqi was supported by the United States and Bush Sr.

The reason for the Gulf War I was not a justifiable claim by Iraqi (above) but economic interest of US: Oil Reserves - Israel.

The US involvement in the Iraqi wars from the beginning is morally tenuous. To support Kuwait claims against Iraqi for defense against Iran supported by the US simply restates additional (aggravated) circumstances that led to the invasion of Kuwait the US was likewise responsible for.

The Iraqi wars were avoidable and at a great cost to the US in Treasury and Lives, and not the sole responsibility of Saddam Hussein.

Breeze Wood, Jun 14, 2011 IP
  13. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    5. But the United States was by then replacing Britain as the outside power acting in the Gulf area. The US power was at its peak after WWII, and it wanted to protect its oil assets. Its overall strategy was the same as England's and France's: keep the political families' sheikdoms, emirates and kingdoms just strong enough to fight with each other, but not strong enough to destabilize the region, or to have any one of them become a unifying force for all Arabs. That way the US could keep overall control of the oil in the area. A problem arose in that strategy when, for example, Iran (which is a Persian, not an Arab country) nationalized its oil companies in 1951. The US-CIA response was to overthrow the elected government of Muhammad Mossadeq, and to replace it with a dictatorship by the Shah.[3]

6. After the 1967 war, the Arab countries again saw themselves betrayed by US-Israeli interests. One result was the rise of militant nationalism in such places as Syria and Iraq. By 1969 the Ba'ath party had risen to power in Iraq. As Iraq became more powerful with its oil revenues, one US-CIA strategy was to arm the Kurds in northern Iraq, to keep Iraq internally weak enough so as to be unable to challenge Iran.

All that changed, of course, when the Shi'a Muslims overthrew the American-supported Shah in 1979. The US now needed a strong Iraq to oppose the newly inimical Iranians, and so (along with much of the West) supported Saddam Hussein in his eight-year (1980-88) war against Iran. The US therefore ignored Iraq's brutalities. One week before the invasion of Kuwait, the Congress sought to place trade restrictions on Iraq for its human rights violations, but Bush refused to go along with it.

7. During the Iran-Iraq war, the al-Sabah family gave some $17 billion to Iraq. It saw the Iranian Shi'a revolution as a threat to itself, and so financed a long-standing Arab-Persian (Iranian) conflict. But it also had established farms and settlements over the Iraqi border. Most important, the al-Sabah family was also drilling in the Rumailah oil field. The Rumailah oil field is 95 percent in Iraq, but the al-Sabah family brought in the most sophisticated American oil-drilling technology to "slant drill" in its 5 percent of Rumailah while the Iraqis were unable to drill during the war (some of my Arabist friends were fairly sure there was an agreement about this: oil for financial backing). It sold that oil, at below OPEC prices, to Japan and the US (Kuwait has always played this role: increasing its sale of oil to the importers in times of crisis). The al-Sabah family by now was unimaginably rich, with an estimated wealth of some 90 billion dollars. They had invested about 50 billion dollars in the stocks of US companies.

8. After the Iran-Iraq war, Hussein was increasingly isolated, politically and economically. He was some 60 billion dollars in debt from the war, and the West had cut off his credits after he had a British reporter executed as a spy. The West was also concerned that its overall strategy would be upset (see par. #5 above), since Iraq now had an army second in power only to Israel in the Middle East.

9. Meanwhile, the al-Sabah family continued to slant-drill, and to sell to the West at below OPEC prices, despite Hussein's actions in the Arab League and protests to OPEC. It continued to deny him access to the Gulf. By now, Hussein was requesting the use of the unpopulated Bubiyan and Warba islands, to avoid having to use Basra on the Shatt-al-Arab, since he shared that waterway to the Gulf with Iran. Finally, the al-Sabah family declared that the $17 billion it had given Hussein was not a gift (or an exchange for the Rumailah oil, see par. #7), but a loan which must be repaid.[4]

10. Hussein therefore began to think about using his armed forces to insist upon resolution of the border and monetary disputes. He threatened to do so about a year before the August 2nd invasion at OPEC and Arab League meetings; hence the now famous meetings with Robert Dole and other US senators[5] in April, 1990 and April Glaspie in July, 1990.

At that July meeting, less than a month before the invasion of Kuwait, Hussein complained that the borders of Kuwait and Iraq were drawn in colonial times, by colonial powers. Glaspie replied, “"We studied history at school. They taught us to say freedom or death. I think you know well that we... have our experience with the colonialists. We have no opinion on the Arab-Arab conflicts, like your border disagreement with Kuwait."[6]

Hussein then began to mass troops along the border of Kuwait. The Arabs were concerned, and arranged for a conference at Jidda on July 31st, 1990.[7] According to Jordan's King Hussein, there was a pre-conference, closed door meeting at which the Al-Saud and al-Sabah families agreed to Hussein's terms (in addition to forgiving the debt, they were each to give $10 billion toward the Iraqi war debt). That agreement was then to be "arrived at" in Jidda. But on July 30th, Sheikh Sabeh Ahmed al-Jaber al-Sabah, the brother of the Emir, and foreign minister, was speaking to Jordanian diplomats. He ridiculed the Iraqi forces, and when the Jordanians rebuked him, he said, "If they don't like it, let them occupy our territory ... we are going to bring in the Americans." Again, this was three days before Iraq's invasion of Kuwait. At Jidda the next day, he announced to Izzat Ibrahim his intention to offer Saddam Hussein $500,000 (not the $10 billion agreed upon). The meeting broke up after two hours; two days later, Saddam Hussein invaded Kuwait.

source

popotalk, Jun 14, 2011 IP
  14. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Boy, you are all over the place. Can you ever stay on one topic and respond to that topic? You're bringing up things that have nothing to do with the other.

Saddam invaded Kuwait in order to avoid paying his debt. He then proceeded to destroy their oil reserves in an effort to thwart what he felt were Kuwait's intentional flooding of the oil market in order to punish Saddam.

If war were avoidable, they would never happen.

I'm sure if they were still alive, little Breeze's like you from WWI would have us all convinced that the start of the war had nothing to do with Ferdinand being shot.

Sadly it seems recent history is the most rewrote. Yet for all the attempts to rewrite reality in the present, there are those us that were here and remember the past as it happened, not as you imagine it.

Mia, Jun 14, 2011 IP
  15. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Its now Libya.....
    64470343.jpg

Abdelhakim Belhadj

popotalk, Sep 3, 2011 IP
  16. The Webby

The Webby Peon

Best Answers:
    The Webby, Sep 3, 2011 IP
  17. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The new US enemy ?

popotalk, Sep 4, 2011 IP
  18. The Webby

The Webby Peon

Best Answers:
    Isn't that an irony?

The Webby, Sep 4, 2011 IP
  19. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yes it is.

steam_iron.jpg

popotalk, Sep 4, 2011 IP
  20. ApocalypseXL

ApocalypseXL Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Helvetti stop smoking stuff . The issue was the bravery of the US soldier , during WWII the US soldiers where being butchered by the Wehrmacht even in the late stages of the war yet they tried pushing on despite their enemy being fiercer then hell .

No one denies the USSRs role in the war . Without Hitler's stupidity and the Russian winter the world would have been a different place .

ApocalypseXL, Sep 4, 2011 IP