1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

US F18's intercept Russian Bombers

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Hon Daddy Dad, Feb 12, 2008.

1. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    Where did you get the information from that Iran doesn't? :rolleyes:

Do you not perform any analysis yourself? Do you only believe whatever Ron Paul tells you to believe? Did you sell all your worldly possessions? Do you give away flowers at the airport now? :cool:

Will.Spencer, Feb 18, 2008 IP
  2. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    Those problems are difficult to solve.

Saber rattling is easy and gives Putin a boost in public confidence when he needs it most.

It's just another political tactic.

Will.Spencer, Feb 18, 2008 IP
  3. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Outer Manchuria is rich in copper, coal, molybdenum, tin, tungsten, and gold as well as farmland.

The area is relatively unpoulated by Russians. The Chinese migration into Manchuria is going to be a problem that Russians can not control within 20 years.

bogart, Feb 18, 2008 IP
  4. N_F_S

N_F_S Active Member

Best Answers:
    You really need to check out the situation before posting things like that. Southern Russia is done, the war is ended, everyone knew that its pointless, you cannot stand to the whole russian army.

First of all, Chechen territory is a part of Russia OFFICIALLY. Now lets say American Mexicans want independence, and one of your states(Im not sure which one is the most mexican, but nevermind), what are you going to say now? They were born there and they speak american language, but somehow they want to be independent.

You are clearly playing double standards, try to solve your own problems first and depart all your immigrants ;)

Whatever you all say, on east, on west, on north, on south. I doubt that now Russia will lose something from its territory and you doubt it too, so why talk about it? Thats why a big country like Russia has to have a solid army, guns, etc. Cos hungry neighbours always watching. Its obvious, and Putin knows that. He actually called a US - wolf :)

Really? I thought its the other way around, from January 2008 noone will be watching Russian territory and controlling the arms placement:

Friday November 30 2007, Russia pulls out of Nato arms pact

And they testing new weaponry too:

So you are still saying, that Russia is cutting their military and not confronting the west ?

N_F_S, Feb 18, 2008 IP
  5. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:

Sure sounds like the US needs to improve it's anti-missle shield.

bogart, Feb 18, 2008 IP
  6. usasportstraining

usasportstraining Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    When I was in the Navy the US and Soviets were frequently 'sabre rattling' and testing one another. It's disturbing, but not very surprising. We need to treat each incident as though it's for real, just in case. However, it's unlikely to lead to anything.

During the time I was in we were shot at by the Chinese and overflown by an Iranian fighter (with missiles on the wings). There have been many, many incidences (not just us) and NONE of it made into the newspapers.

usasportstraining, Feb 18, 2008 IP
  7. N_F_S

N_F_S Active Member

Best Answers:
    oh yeah.....there are many incidents like that, that we dont know of. They only get to the papers, when its a planned provocation and stuff like that, most of times no one is interested to get this info published. Who knows, maybe US or Russia have some weapons that we wouldnt think of right now.

Regarding Chechens, many people here on south Russia think that this war is to Moscow's benefit, I personally do not deny this theory either (by the way Im not russian either). If Moscow wanted to end it, they would have ended it in 1 month, same thing can be said with US/Iraq. Its just someone needs it, I dont know for what reasons though, theres more behind it.

N_F_S, Feb 18, 2008 IP
  8. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I've posted it numerous times in this forum. Long before the NIE came out.

Nice try at deflection though.

You still haven't answered the question. What is your intel or basis for believing that Iran wants to use nukes?

You're evading the question. Ron Paul, my opinions etc are irrelevant. How you have formed your opinion, is relevant. Are you making things up to post? Or is it grounded in some fact and evidence?

guerilla, Feb 18, 2008 IP
  9. gotkloud

gotkloud Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This move is really no more then just a "we're still here move." Russia is trying to exert its force even though it really still cannot afford to do so.. If i remember correctly, there was an incident where a TU-95 bear Russian Patrol aircraft approached Alaska, guess what it got inturn, a USAF F-22 was scrambled.. If I was in that bomber I would have peed in my pants!

gotkloud, Feb 18, 2008 IP
  10. N_F_S

N_F_S Active Member

Best Answers:
    akghost, we've seen how those "stealths" F's getting shot by an ancient missiles that Russia sold to Milosevich, there are photos on the internet on this issue, but I doubt it got anywhere near the mass media:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwvInbDQYdU (1999)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfUzwmA-uT0 (1995)

Its not "we're still here move." They "always were there", its not the 1st time it happens (it was before in Norwegian borders and many others) and its not happenning only with Russia.

N_F_S, Feb 19, 2008 IP
  11. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    F-117's first flight was in 1981. It is already obsolete and being replaced by the F22

Russia is getting weaker it's Population Growth Rate (2007 est. CIA) is -0.484

Russia has 141 million people and the US has over 300 million (79% Russian) and is declining by 1 million per year.

bogart, Feb 19, 2008 IP
  12. N_F_S

N_F_S Active Member

Best Answers:
    Population isnt the ruler here, what was a population of Germany and compare it to population of USSR + all their allies?

I was always amazed how could they mess the world with such population ? On wiki it says :

Germany - 69,623,000

Soviet Union - 168,500,000

United States - 131,028,000

I guess its the number of actual army counts here. If population was the main aspect here, then I guess weve got no chances against China or India, even combined)))

N_F_S, Feb 20, 2008 IP
  13. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Germany had around 82.7 million Germans at the start of WW2
    Germany 69,623,000
    Austria 6,653,000
    Sudeten Germans (Czechoslovakia) 3,123,000
    Ethnic german (Poland) 1.4 million
    Alsace-Lorraine (France) 1,915,627

Hitler invaded Russia with 3.2 million German soldiers and about 1 million Axis soldiers

Germany lost the war :D

bogart, Feb 20, 2008 IP