1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

US F18's intercept Russian Bombers

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Hon Daddy Dad, Feb 12, 2008.

1. wisdomtool

wisdomtool Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    I doubt so, it is just a matter of recession coming and not the end of economic life of anything. Once recession is over, everything will look bright and beautiful again.

wisdomtool, Feb 14, 2008 IP
  2. Hon Daddy Dad

Hon Daddy Dad Peon

Best Answers:
    So far the extinction rate of paper currencies is almost 100%. I don't see anything that the dollar is doing which is contrary to this trend.

Hon Daddy Dad, Feb 14, 2008 IP
  3. soniqhost.com

soniqhost.com Notable Member

Best Answers:
    What's your economic reasoning behind believing that the currency will fall 60%

soniqhost.com, Feb 14, 2008 IP
  4. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Quoted for truth. Makes me giggle inside when I read people writing that the Gold Standard in not a viable system, and endorse fiat money, which in America at least, hasn't even reached the century mark and we're seeing unprecedented inflation in our country's young history.

guerilla, Feb 14, 2008 IP
  5. soniqhost.com

Best Answers:
    A strong currency isn't always the best for the economy

http://news.aol.com/story/_a/trade-deficit-eased-last-year/n20080214182609990018

6. soniqhost.com

Best Answers:
    An inflation rate of 2.85% in 2007 isn't unprecedented, its higher then what the central bank would like but still manageable.

7. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Please don't take this personally, but it is one of the stupidest statements repeated by people and it drives me crazy.

No one wants a weak currency. No one wants to pay $20 for a coke, or $1000 for a pair of sneakers. No one wants to retire, and find out that prices are rising due to dollar debasement, and their savings are no longer adequate to provide for their old age.

America has enjoyed a fairly high standard of living, because after WWII and Bretton Woods, the dollar was (sic) good as gold. It's actually surprising that the world has taken this long to catch up, considering we went off Bretton Woods in 1971, when Nixon had to close the gold window in a crisis situation.

The dollar hasn't been "good as gold" for a long, long time.

Visit other countries, and see people driving smaller, more fuel efficient cars out of necessity. Taking public transportation, and forgoing clothes dryers when clothes lines will do. Shopping almost daily for food, rather than stocking up in freezers and eating out as a lifestyle. The cost of energy and imported goods far outweighs the benefit in increased exports.

8. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
  9. wisdomtool

Best Answers:
    I would agree on this, a strong currency is bad if you have low productivity and hence can't compete without lowering your currency. But if you are a country with strong productivity a strong currency ensures the cost of living is low and protects against unnecessary fluctuations in pricing and hence uncertainty bought about by having a weak currency.

I would say that USD is pretty weak at the moment and looks like it will weaken more before things improved. But I do not believe a collapse is imminent but I wouldn't be surprise to see the USD lowering further.

wisdomtool, Feb 14, 2008 IP
  10. Hon Daddy Dad

Hon Daddy Dad Peon

Best Answers:
    America produces little, spends far more than it earns, increases its debt every year, and prints money like there's not tomorrow. 73% of the GDP is based on spending. In the last 5 years the spending money came from people who used their houses like ATM's after prices went way up above historical medians. Refinancing to spend on junk from China. Now house prices are crashing.

America had the reserve currency of the world but it has completely abused this position and that's why everyone's talking about receiving payment in another currency for goods now.

Infrastructure desperately needs investment but instead that money is wasted on wars to make a select few rich.

Hon Daddy Dad, Feb 15, 2008 IP
  11. N_F_S

N_F_S Active Member

Best Answers:
    The question is, who flew?

If you mean Putin & Russia, then this is gonna be the funniest joke. "used oil as a weapon against Georgia."? LMAO, do you know how much oil Russia produces itself?

N_F_S, Feb 15, 2008 IP
  12. wisdomtool

Best Answers:
    Putin did that.

wisdomtool, Feb 15, 2008 IP
  13. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Putin has been doing a lot of sabre rattling and I don't think it is to Russia's benefit.

bogart, Feb 15, 2008 IP
  14. N_F_S

N_F_S Active Member

Best Answers:
    Its not to Russia's benefit on world arena, but it is a benefit to Russia and to people who live in Russia, I choose second, why should I care what an American thinks of Russia, when USA is hated everywhere in the first place?

No one will like that Russia is getting stronger, except the Russians, common sense.

Regarding Iran, did Russia ever not supported Iran? I dont remember, Bush is not the reason here. As if Russia started supporting Iran only after Bush entered Iran. B*sh*t.

There are many fighter jets in each country that fly near the border, especially in "big & heavy" countries like Russia, US, West Europe countries. If they saw 2 jets, shoot them down! I thought thats how it works, you get a warning, and then you are getting shot.

N_F_S, Feb 15, 2008 IP
  15. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Russia has a cold war mentality and the Russian people have to wise up. The Soviet Union and all its military might only brought the average Russian poverty.

bogart, Feb 15, 2008 IP
  16. N_F_S

N_F_S Active Member

Best Answers:
    used oil? Okay, what about BP, Shell, ExxonMobil, etc. ec., dont you use them to fight in Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, should I continue?

And all these companies produce oil in Russia too! With billion deals, whats your point now?

Thats a joke, if we were to place some heavy sh*t on Cuba and were saying it is against the marsian attack, you would be in a hot war, not a cold one ;)

Well, last 8 years were the best years since 90's. Any country have rights to live better, if you dont like it, I challenge you to stop it.

N_F_S, Feb 15, 2008 IP
  17. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You guys in Russia need to calm down. You want to support Iran? How would you like it if the US armed the Chechens?

You keep on talking about Cuba like you want Russia to go back to communism.

The Russians are living better because they got rid of communism and stopped confronting the west.

bogart, Feb 15, 2008 IP
  18. wisdomtool

Best Answers:
    I have already stated my point and I think you need to calm down as Bogart suggested.

wisdomtool, Feb 15, 2008 IP
  19. N_F_S

N_F_S Active Member

Best Answers:
    Chechens are on RUSSIAN territory, Iran isnt a US territory, Iran has the rights whom they are dealing with. End of story.

Besides, you've already supporting and supported terrorism in Afghanistan and you admitted it on official arena.

Niothing to do with communism, I can say Venezuela or Brasil or any other country that is near your borders. The point is to place it near you, doesnt matter where.

aha, so now you admitted that the life in Russia is getting better. Okay. We actually confronting the West much more now than we did it in 90's (1990-2000), so clearly the west isnt the reason to judge.

N_F_S, Feb 15, 2008 IP
  20. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    The Chechen's don't see it that way. They believe that the Russians are on their territory.

Will.Spencer, Feb 16, 2008 IP