1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

.US Domain Names - Can Non-Americans Own These

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by ClarkeMarketing, Apr 9, 2009.

I am from Canada and bought a few .US domain names on SEDO, only to receive an email from US Nexus Compliance saying:

On April 8, 2009, this domain name was selected of Nexus revalidation and confirmation. According to the information you provided with your registration of these Domain Names, you indicated that you qualify under:

Category 3 - You are a "foreign entity organization that has a bona fide presence in the United States of America or any of its possessions or territories."

As part of our verification process, we ask that you provide to us by no later than thirty (30) days after the date set forth above, a written response describing how you qualify under the above Nexus category.

---

If I just ignore them will the problem go away, or is there some sort of trick I can do. Im thinking I might just incorporate in the US but I have no idea how hard (or expensive) that is to do for a Canadian.

ClarkeMarketing, Apr 9, 2009 IP
  2. MayurGondaliya

MayurGondaliya Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yes, you got the domain. But when Nexus people do periodic audit of .us domains and they have gotten your domain then you will be asked to provide the documents that prove you are an American. If you are not able to provide the documents within 10 days the domain registration ownership will be withdrawn.

MayurGondaliya, Apr 9, 2009 IP