1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

US Border Control? Deadly Mexican Swine Flu Pandemic Spreading to US

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by bogart, Apr 25, 2009.

1. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You don't have to "love someone" to be opposed to people trying to demonise them. if you can't refute what i am saying, which you obviously can't, would you mind not addressing me, thanks.

stOx, Apr 29, 2009 IP
  2. domainer_10

domainer_10 Peon

Best Answers:

Ahh I get it your from England. So what the hell are you commenting on the issue for? Mind your own country affairs.

domainer_10, Apr 29, 2009 IP
  3. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Are you always this big of a prick?

browntwn, Apr 29, 2009 IP
  4. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    congratulations on being able to read the location field displayed in every single one of my posts. it took you two attempts, but you got there in the end.

it's understandable that you would like to be able to prevent people from opposing your views, what with them being indefensible and lacking factual accuracy, but the fact is, if you express them publicly they are open to scrutiny, criticism and, in some cases, ridicule by anyone who reads them.

Perhaps if you don't feel equipped to defend your position you should keep it to yourself, it's your call though. As for me not pulling you up on it, it's not going to happen i'm afraid.

stOx, Apr 29, 2009 IP
  5. domainer_10

domainer_10 Peon

Best Answers:
    You blather on like some intellectual with a inferiority complex. You didn't answer my question either loser. Why are you so concerned about OUR countries immigration problems? heres a hint: worry about your OWN countries immigration problems. Last I hear you gotta lot of terrorist running around your country.

6. domainer_10

domainer_10 Peon

Best Answers:
    Being in california myself like you, Yes I'm always a prick to people like you because I hate california libbies like you.

7. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I do worry about my own country, but unfortunately, for you, i have the capacity to worry about more than one thing at a time. I am able to concern myself with the problems England has and the way the swine flu situation in the US is being used to stir up race hate, demonise an unpopular minority and how the deaths of children are used as emotional levers to try and justify those views.

As for your question, I did answer. But I'll put my answer into a short soundbite sentence for you though, maybe that will make it easier for you to digest;
    I concern myself with your policies because i can, and there's nothing you can do about it.

Thanks for thinking i'm an intellectual though.

stOx, Apr 29, 2009 IP
  8. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You fail to realize that the US accepts approx 1.2 million legal immigrants per year.

The issue isn't legal immigration but the problems caused by an uncontrolled border and the costs of providing hundreds of billions of dollars of welfare and services to illegal aliens and their children.

You may no be aware that the US has a defecit of more than $1 trillion and can not afford more of a financial burden.

bogart, Apr 30, 2009 IP
    pingpong123 likes this.
  9. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    That's fine, be against illegal immigration. But don't commit logical suicide by trying to use an unrelated issue as justification for your views. if your views are correct they should stand on their own merit without you having to pretend the issue you are trying to garner support for is in any way connected to swine flu.

If you are worried about swine flu being passed across the border your restrictions should apply to both legal and illegal immigration, to Mexicans coming to the US on holiday and to US citizens returning from Mexico. Not just illegal immigrants.

Because unless you include all groups capable of aiding the spread of this virus you expose the fact that you are simply using the swine flu as a political stick to beat a particular minority with and in reality you aren't that worried about it, you just see it as an opportunity to blame them for something.

stOx, Apr 30, 2009 IP
  10. domainer_10

domainer_10 Peon

Best Answers:
    I never said you didn't have the capacity to worry about more than one thing at once. Thats your problem actually. The intellectual comment was an insult. It means you are locked up in a room and can't reason with the real world and common sense. :D

domainer_10, Apr 30, 2009 IP
  11. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I kind of guessed you'd see intelligence as a bad thing. I think the idea of thinking frightens you.

well that statement isn't really supported by anything that has occurred in this thread. As you'll see, i have provided sound arguments, logical reasoning and evidence to support everything i have said and you have offered, well, nothing of substance; just your unsupported opinions and illogical conclusions.

stOx, Apr 30, 2009 IP
  12. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Use more fear mongering to further divert attention away from his 9/11 Air Force One stunt/photo op. :eek:

Mia, Apr 30, 2009 IP
  13. pingpong123

pingpong123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    In this case illegal immigration has everything to do with the spread of this desease. We need to stop the inflow immediately. I also agree with what bogart said about illegal immigrants being a financial burden on our economy(especially Californias economy). This should be high up on the presidents list.

pingpong123, May 1, 2009 IP
  14. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If illegal immigration has something to do with the spread of the virus then all movement contributes equally. The problem i have is that one group has been singled out, and we all know why that is.

If your concern is the spread of the virus then ALL movement should be prohibited, legal and illegal alike.

stOx, May 1, 2009 IP
  15. ncz_nate

ncz_nate Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This swine flu crap pales in comparison to the illegal immigration problem.

ncz_nate, May 1, 2009 IP
  16. Bernard

Bernard Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I live in Texas where a great deal of people travel to and from Mexico every day. The over-reaction to this OMG Flu is ridiculous. Here's an example:

In summary:

1. A kid got sick.
    2. The kid stayed home.
    3. The kid went to the doctor.
    4. The kid was diagnosed with influenza.
    5. The kid is better and will be back at school on Monday.
    6. CLOSE THE SCHOOL! ALERT THE MEDIA! SEND OUT A MASS E-MAIL! IT WAS SWINE FLU!

Another example:
    http://www.statesman.com/blogs/cont...009/04/29/aisd_probably_case_of_swine_fl.html

More inanity:

http://www.uil.utexas.edu/db/press_...=table&-Database=press_releases&-KeyValue=312

That's right. They cancelled all high school sports, band and other UIL activities in the entire state.

For bogart:
    http://www.dhs.gov/ynews/releases/pr_1241056994692.shtm

Is this the type of thing you are hoping for?

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news/19314816/detail.html

http://www.mass.gov/legis/bills/senate/186/st02/st02028.htm

They can basically declare martial law and do whatever they want.

~~~

Dr. Mercola posted an article about the Swine Flu that should be required reading:

Critical Alert: The Swine Flu Pandemic - Fact or Fiction?

It's been copied/mirrrored here:

http://www.sott.net/articles/show/183141-Critical-Alert-The-Swine-Flu-Pandemic-Fact-or-Fiction-

He offers some advice (end of article) on how to protect yourself without drugs or vaccines.

~~~

Ron Paul on the 1976 and 2009 Swine Flus:
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=TB5-Y08qbjo

Bernard, May 1, 2009 IP
  17. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    My sister is a nurse and has been taking calls like this:

Hello, I think my family all has the swine flu....
    My sister goes through all the possible symptoms only to find that they ate pork for dinner.

She tells me 90% of the idiots that call in say the same thing.

Mia, May 1, 2009 IP
  18. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The lack of border control is a relevant issue. As it stands now should the virus mutate to a more virulent strain, there is no way to stop the spread. Millions of people are crossing the border without the possibility to monitor for the signs of the virus.

The best solution is to shut down the border. It's too late to stop the spread of the virus. But the US could SLOW the spread of the virus. Allowing more time for the production of tamiflu and a vaccine.

The flu season is over and the virus will go into hibernation until the fall flu season. This is similiar to what occured during the 1918 Spainish Flu pandemic. The orignal swine flu spread from Fort Riley Kansas to Europe among the US troops where it mutated into a deadly strain.

I don't blame illegal aliens for coming to the US. They are drawn here by the welfare system. The majority of illegal aliens would leave on their own if they weren't able to support their families from welfare.
    According to the Obama adminstration it was a training mission ;)

bogart, May 1, 2009 IP
  19. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Like i said, if your concern is really the potential spread of the virus you should be opposed to ALL movement legal, illegal and from all countries. it's fairly apparent now though that your intention was to use this current affair as a stick to beat a minority with.

stOx, May 1, 2009 IP
  20. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The fact is Mexico is a rich country. It ranks #13 in the world in Gross National Product. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(nominal)

Mexico has some of the richest people in the world and there are 10 billionaires (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Mexican_billionaires)

Mexico has fertile land, oil, industrial production and a large tourist industry.

The issue is not Mexican people. Rather the Mexican government exports poverty and other problems including drug cartels through uncontrolled borders.

Added to the other issues, the uncontrolled border is now a public health problem.

bogart, May 1, 2009 IP