1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

US Bank Account for Non Resident ???

Discussion in 'Payment Processing' started by pulikuttann, Apr 11, 2007.

1. mjewel

mjewel Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    As previously mentioned, the Patriot Act requires "to know their customers" and they will require that you visit a branch in person. I've been a Wells Fargo customer for 20 years and needed to open an account in another State - they require you to do it in person, in the State you want to open account. The major banks are all going to require you to come into a branch with identification.

mjewel, Apr 13, 2007 IP
  2. simonli

simonli Peon

Best Answers:
    anyone can give some bank for success open the bank account?

simonli, Apr 13, 2007 IP
  3. sami1255

sami1255 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have an account with etrade.. they are 9th biggest online financial institution in the world with offices in US.. UK and Hongkong.. you only need to send them passport and fillup and printout their brokage account forms.. and you are done.. you can even have a visa debit card without having a single cent in your account. What else could you ask for? :rolleyes:

sami1255, Apr 15, 2007 IP
  4. davebilley

davebilley Peon

Best Answers:
    I also need one. I hope I can be able to open it.

davebilley, Apr 15, 2007 IP
  5. www.azvina.com

www.azvina.com Guest

Best Answers:
    I tried to use Paypal but they do not allow Vietnamese people to add or withdraw money to/from the account. I am also thinking of opening a US bank account for my transaction but is there any bank that allows non-us residents to open an account online? as I am living in Vietnam.

Thanks in advance for your help!
    Azvina

www.azvina.com, Apr 15, 2007 IP
  6. arnie7

arnie7 Guest

Best Answers:
    You won't be able to open an account with any US institution as far as I know if you live in either Vietnam or Cuba as US companies (including banks) aren't permitted to carry out transactions with people or companies in those countries.

arnie7, Apr 24, 2007 IP
  7. arnie7

arnie7 Guest

Best Answers:
    Sami1255: is the etrade account a "bank account"? ie do you get a personal routing code & account number that you can quote to the likes of paypal/google/etc.?

I've looked at their forms and 'tis as clear as mud from them!

There are two other alternatives that may be open to some people. If you are a member of HSBC's Premier service in one country, they will let you open the equivalent accounts in any other country offering those services which includes America. I think (not 100% sure) that Citibank's equivalent (their CitiGold account) offers the same option. Downside of both is that there are charges associated with them which would negate the profits unless you were clearing serious money on adsense or whatever.

For both these banks, you MIGHT be able to do the same thing with a little more effort on a normal account in that you would qualify as a known customer in, say, the UK and therefore should be covered by Patriot Act "know your customer" rules in America. The fact that Wells Fargo required you to visit another state to open accounts isn't necessarily relevant because foreign banks are organised differently than the indigenous American banks for various historical reasons.

Other UK banks own some American banks too so it's possible that you might be able to use one of those if you were persistent enough.

arnie7, Apr 24, 2007 IP
  8. kenbiz

kenbiz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,

I think the best u.s. bank account is ETRADE Financial the most reliable and trustable u.s. bank account for non u.s. resident to apply.

I had mind in about 4 weeks from the day of application and also have got my Visa Platinum Debit Card and U.S. Checkbook in another week.

First you will have to send 2 copies of your passport photocopy (Must Be Very Clear) front and back that include your signature page, and fill up the complete investment application form, you are not applying the bank account straight but applying the brokerage account that will not have any problem if you are applying the account out of u.s. territory.

Wait for about 4 weeks or less(vary on each country) for the welcome kit to be sent to your home address, basically, you get a letter for your username and password for login to your online account and then few days later follow by your welcome kit(This contains all documents for getting started with your new brokerage account).

And just an info, you do not need to deposit any money while applying the brokerage account and later you just need to fund it with your paypal account anytime you want.

And the best thing is you can get your Visa Platinum Debit Card just with $1 of savings in your Etrade brokerage and bank account and when you received your Visa Platinum Debit card you will need to call to their card activation center to activate your card, is that simple only... :)

I am a malaysian, that is why i use this ETRADE brokerage and bank account for all my online business without any hassle.

For transferring fund from your paypal account to ETRADE account took about 4-7 business days and you just need to add a us bank account with the routing number and bank account number provided within your account on Etrade and your transfer will take effect.

Hope all this can help you on what you need to know about opening a u.s. bank account.

kenbiz, Apr 25, 2007 IP
  9. waikit86

waikit86 Peon

Best Answers:
    Too many PMs for me:rolleyes: , please download it at http://save.la/EZ1055794906

waikit86, May 4, 2007 IP
  10. pulikuttann

pulikuttann Banned

Best Answers:
    What I should do with this kit ???
    And whether there is any minimum balance for this account ????

pulikuttann, May 4, 2007 IP
  11. spider_man1103

spider_man1103 Banned

Best Answers:
    Have anyone got approved by them? please share your exprerience

spider_man1103, May 4, 2007 IP
  12. kenbiz

kenbiz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I had my u.s. bank account up and running for nearly 4 months without any problem at all, every month i just made a bank transfer from my paypal income to my u.s. bank account and further i withdrawl it through the ATM machine at my country, is that easy and simple only.

Basically, you just need to deposit some money when the u.s. bank account you applied had actived and usually just transfer $10 from your paypal account should be ok to get active of your u.s. bank account.

kenbiz, May 5, 2007 IP
  13. Arnie

Arnie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    tomatobank.com makes it relatively easy to open an account and issue accent visa cards.

Arnie, May 6, 2007 IP
  14. sebans

sebans Active Member

Best Answers:
    sebans, May 6, 2007 IP
  15. woolf719

woolf719 Peon

Best Answers:
    hi,everyone!
    I'd like to open an US bank account too!I want to use this account to create an ebay seller account and verify the paypal,and can withdraw money from paypal conveniently also!But I don't know whether an etrade account can meet these require!!
    I want establish a honest and stable business in ebay for long period!I had applied international seller account in my country(China),but it's failed,just because the credit card I used is my father's!(to create a international seller account is very difficult in China,even someone can create such an account,it easy be sealed!it said there are too many Chinese fraud in ebay!)I have applied for almost 4 months,but never succeed(I almost give up now)!
    Now I decide to get an US seller account and an US paypal,but I don't have an US address,phone number,etc.Could I use bank account opening kits to create an US bank account + ebay seller account + verified paypal?? or if can I open an US bank account for non-American in by the legal way,and use this bank account to create an ebay seller account and a paypal account by the legal way too?
    and of course,if get an 100% legal seller account+paypal is hard for me,I'm not disagree to get an account which can let me use for temporarily!
    and I'd like to open an US bank account in a popular/reputable US bank!
    advice invited!!
    :confused: :confused: :confused:

woolf719, May 7, 2007 IP
  16. pulikuttann

pulikuttann Banned

Best Answers:
    How much this account totally cost : woolf719 ?

pulikuttann, May 8, 2007 IP
  17. woolf719

woolf719 Peon

Best Answers:
    actually,I dont know the cost,I have not find a such service provider yet!
    by the way!I have another question.
    Now I have a paypal which is verified with a visa credit card issued by Chinese bank(I am a Chinese).but I don't have an ebay seller account at (ebay.com).Could I register an ebay seller account at ebay.com and then link it with my paypal,and make cross-country trade through this way.I don't have any US address,phone number.If I do this way,will it cause my account frozen or sealed.

woolf719, May 10, 2007 IP
  18. arale

arale Guest

Best Answers:
    you can try my service at www.goopen.net its just $19.95. I will create an account for you, you will be able to access online banking within 24h but you will need fill some applications to complete processing. Please contact me at

arale, May 10, 2007 IP
  19. helmishariff

helmishariff Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi kenbiz, please provide the url for the etrade.

helmishariff, May 11, 2007 IP
  20. kenbiz

kenbiz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Here's the url to etrade brokerage application forms.

https://us.etrade.com/e/t/prospectestation/pricing?id=1201010000

You should apply E*TRADE Completeâ„¢ Investment Account Application (Brokerage Investing Account) if you are applying out of u.s. country.

and please do not forget to download ths W-8BEN Certificate of Foreign Status form to declare you are a foreigner.

Hope the information help.

Thanks

kenbiz, May 11, 2007 IP