1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

URL restriction tips

Discussion in 'robots.txt' started by No_name, Jun 2, 2010.

Hi,

A few time ago I launch www.wallpaperfx.com and I realize that I must restrict a lot of pages, because I have the same content, but order by different filters like: top downloads (last 7 days) etc.

Here is a little example:
    - I want that google index from category "Animals" all the sub-categories but not this kind of pages: http://www.wallpaperfx.com/animals/top-rated/last-month because there a lot of new pages for google and with the same content.

My concern is that I want to put this kind of page in robots.txt but there are a lot of them (actually over 2400 and the number will increase with new sub-category added) . Do you know another way to do this ?

Well I have another problem (not really related ... but ...) according with my webmaster tools account the most common keyword is not "wallpaper" wallpapers is the 5 and I want that this to be first. Does anyone know how to remove or restrict the first top 4 keywords ?

I know the site is working very slow, but the reason is the database and I'm working on that too.

Thanks.

No_name, Jun 2, 2010 IP
  2. manish.chauhan

manish.chauhan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I do have answer of your first query. You can use wild characters to block multiple pages that follows the same url structure. However, to provide you an exact solution, I must know the list of URLs that you exactly want to block.

honestly, I don't get your second query. Can you please explain it so that I can review it and can assist you.

manish.chauhan, Jun 11, 2010 IP