1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

URL Keywords

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by aaron.ralston, Jan 26, 2017.

Keywords in URL. If I have a web page that is 10 years old, and when I built it I didn't include page keywords in the URLs, is it worth it to change the URL for each page at this point to include the main keyword for that specific page?

aaron.ralston, Jan 26, 2017 IP
  2. Brooke Paige

Brooke Paige Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I would say no, I have heard that Google changed their algorithm and they don't look at keywords at all. However, if you use Wordpress I know that you can find posts using Wordpress.com from keywords.

Hope this helps!
    Brooke Paige
    brooke-page.com

Brooke Paige, Jan 30, 2017 IP
  3. David Jones42

David Jones42 Member

Best Answers:
    keyword in url is most important so it is better if you set as soon as your keyword in the url.

David Jones42, Jan 30, 2017 IP
  4. Mr_Kumar

Mr_Kumar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Don't even think of having page URL based on keywords. ALWAYS think about the target audience, their experience while writing page names. And if you do SEO in correct way then keywords will become a part of (if not full) page names.

Mr_Kumar, Feb 1, 2017 IP
  5. Prof.stan

Prof.stan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Not sure why are you suggesting this? Rather than this, you would need to think about your audience and work around that is going add value on your site. As per as your keywords, concerned read Mr. Kumar suggestions >>

Moreover, i will suggest learning some technical stuff that includes mobile responsiveness, https, 301 redirect and CDN, image optimizations etc.
    For that, you can use search option first then come up with your specific questions. I am sure then you will get more response from other members also.

Prof.stan, Feb 1, 2017 IP
    Mr_Kumar likes this.
  6. miguel84

miguel84 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Google doesn't take in account the meta keyword tag, he's referring to url keywords... Completely different...

miguel84, Feb 1, 2017 IP
  7. LinkGenie

LinkGenie Active Member

Best Answers:
    Keywords in URL is still important for SEO. But don't rush it. Your pages may already indexed and ranked. So you need to change urls slowly. If not you may experience ranking drop.

LinkGenie, Feb 5, 2017 IP
  8. DeedOk

DeedOk Peon

Best Answers:
    Keywords plays main role in getting ranking to any website so I think you should use meta for your website by using relevant keywords.

DeedOk, Feb 6, 2017 IP