1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

URL channels

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by awesomehosting, Mar 8, 2009.

Hi all

I have a site that I am monitoring on google....adsense

My question is people seem to access my site with www.* and * without the www. do I need to set up both channels or do I take the channel without the www and this tracks with the WWW if you know what I mean? or should I track both?

Second question, if a URL channel is not listed do you still earn money on it?

Advise will be greatly appreciate

awesomehosting, Mar 8, 2009 IP
  2. JGK

JGK Member

Best Answers:
    Use no www and it will track both with and without it (plus any subdomains). For instance, make the channel mysite.com, and that covers it.

You can still earn from ads even if you don't have a channel to track that particular ad or site. It will show in overall/aggregate earnings.

However, if you're using Allowed Sites, then you still need to add it to there (add the same way as above, no www in the URL). If you're not using Allowed Sites, then you don't need to make any particular updates.

JGK, Mar 8, 2009 IP
    awesomehosting likes this.
  3. awesomehosting

awesomehosting Banned

Best Answers:
    Thanx makes perfect sense ;)

awesomehosting, Mar 8, 2009 IP
  4. Random Guy

Random Guy Peon

Best Answers:
    Edit: Weird... this post showed up with no replies? Ah well!

Yes. Make sure it's a domain you've allowed your ads to appear on - check the option tabs at the top of the pages

Random Guy, Mar 8, 2009 IP